6.4 new hpfp

Chad24384

Reaction score
I'm working on a 2007 navistar maxxforce 7 (Ford 6.4).
Had a hard start hot problem after 30+ miles, replaced hpfp, frp sensor and all 8 injectors. Problem went away (not all replaced at once). Had major fuel dilution problems (300 miles and had low oil pressure and alarm). Dyed fuel and found new reman hpfp leaking. Replaced today, and started. Ran good for a minute or two after bleeding air for an hour or so, and then started loosing frp pressure. Now it cranks to 240psi and sounds like it wants to start, but needs at least 4500 psi. I have a feeling, and it's happened before replacing the pump, that air destroys and injector, and then bypasses open to not allow pressure? My problem is the injectors solve the original problem of no start hot, and now only has 300 miles. I have the block off kit for the fuel lines, and recommendations on where to start, and what could cause the injector (s)to go bad? have two of these down right now that have the dilution problems with new pumps and ijectors... dealer screwed me last time because the reman was out of warranty and cost $13k for them to find that the new hpfp blew an injector out and replaced all 8. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Latest posts

Members online