lowered truck height

Ft.mac6.4

Reaction score
I just did ny truck about a month ago or so.. Cut stock coils and removed all rear block(f350) and trimmed bump stops. It hardly hits. But you got me interested in this hydro bump stop setup

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
I have been looking into the Hydro bump stops as well, but kinda hard to swallow the price to try them out.

Hoping someone has success with them so I can feel comfortable trying them out. I think they could be the answer.

White_monster

Reaction score
As soon as I get mine I'll be installing them. Factory bumps stops are 3" tall. If I can mount them 1" above the bump stop pad I'll leave them at 2" stroke. If not I'll shorten the stroke by 1/2" so I'm not always on them. After that it will be trial and error with nitrogen pressure to settle on ride characteristics. Updates will be in a new thread.

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
Do you plan to mount them into the frame? I have thought about getting spring mounts made by PMF and mounting them inside the center of the coil spring. Seems it would be easier to mount them that way and wouldn't require modifying the frame. If you ever want to return to factory, just unbolt the upper spring mount and install the factory mount.

Should be easy enough to modify the lower spring perch to also act as a flat spot for the nitrogen bumpstop to ride against.

I had actually hoped to discuss this with Trevor but have had to put my Excursion project on the back burner to fix a few 6.0 that found there way into my shop.

Last edited:

akf250

Reaction score
Sleeve

That's another option. Likely I'll weld them into the frame and if I ever sell the truck I'll just remove the bump stops and leave the sleeves in the frame.

Do you have a specific sleeve part number?

The only sleeves I've been able to find are 90's that mount on the edge of the rail not through the middle.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.