My build-Hard work pays off!

How far to go when the cab is pulled the first time

• Total voters

RSK

Reaction score
Did you get that thing back on?

Yes last friday but my buddy hit the return line with his arm and i just got the new line but i have to cut the line and splice it into the old one. So maybe i'll drive it tomorrow.....

RSK

Reaction score
Got the line fixed, and tune is in, and it runs good, puts a smile on my face again. Sounds even better then it looks, roads are wet so not sure how much power it has but it seems faster then before and i'm in a street tune, i could imagine race would be a much nicer bump in power from where it's at

White_monster

Reaction score
2FF2BBDF-BFDB-475D-A177-87941EE14E7E_zpsgey4izyw.jpg

Well the truck wasn't done in time for rudys and their is oil in the exhaust so i'm 99% sure the turbo needs seals so i'm taking that out and sending it to james at barder turbo to have it rebuilt.

Straighten that pipe out and the boot will fit better. The No Limit cold side pipes have slotted holes to fix this.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Straighten that pipe out and the boot will fit better. The No Limit cold side pipes have slotted holes to fix this.

he probably has an older version, if that's the case he has to loosen everything , align, and then tighten .

RSK

Reaction score
Correct they are OLD version, not slotted, i have a vibrant boot for that that is 6" long, if that boot decides to slide off. But it's holding up good so far. I loaded the race tune after determining the street tune was gay and needed more fuel down low to light the charger faster and it pulls harder at part throttle then it used to at wide open, so it's deff making a decent amount more power. Speedo is sweeping significantly faster, and i'm going to have this tune revised to add more fuel down low, should be able to get the party started even sooner. But tow haul commanding overdrive is a very nice feature! Truck runs great, sounds great, just needs a set of wheels now. But i'm being cheap so i'll wait..

RSK

Reaction score
So everything is on, got some revised tunes with more low boost fueling and i can brake boost to 10psi stock stall converter in 2wd, 20psi in 4wd no issues and with the tow haul button locking out overdrive i can brake boost to 30psi while rolling down the highway or at 30mph so the lag is virtually non existent. Towing 5-6k around town up little hills is ok, egts get around 1000 driving easy and i'm a little aggressive they will get up to 12-1300 easily. Not sure how it will like towing 10k plus but i'm going to give it a try once i suck up more leaves. My guess is if i drive the speed limit up hills it will around 1100-1200 but the hills i go up are small under a 1/4 mile. So shouldn't be much of an issue, there's on that is 2-3 miles long, but if there's no traffic i can hit that hill at 60 and it should cool the egts down making more boost

White_monster

Reaction score
Both. If you lug the engine the egts will rise. With my max powers and my new non vgt setup I lockout OD and egts drop. I've towed 15k with both setups and no issues getting hot unless I didn't keep it out of OD. I towed this through the rocky mtns so I had some big long hills.

RSK

Reaction score
Well i know lugging the engine will send the egts up, less air and more fuel makes high egt's maybe i need to drive more aggressively towing. I'll try locking overdrive out on highway towing and going around 70 or so, i have 3.55's and 35's not really great for towing because of the low rpm.

Latest posts

Members online