83mm Turbine to small for Compounds?

TRUBBS

Reaction score
Just like the title asks, would running a 80+mm turbo as the LP turbo in compounds have to much back pressure/be over sped if it only have an 83mm turbine wheel?
Would you be able to gate enough around it to make it survive or would it still be to small and choke the flow to much?

Jonnydime

Reaction score
I think my 82mm has an 85mm turbine and does just fine with 60's and I have no gate on that side I only have a gate bypassing the high pressure turbo feeding the low pressure.

TRUBBS

Reaction score
Have you ever hooked up a BP gauge to see what the ratio it? What are you running for a HP turbo?

TRUBBS

Reaction score
What A/R exhaust housing you planning to use. It should be fine with an 83mm turbine.

.96 T4 Housing.

Hoping it would still be able to spool quick for towing and still move a ton of air, as long as the hot side wasn't chocking itself out

Last edited:

Jonnydime

Reaction score
Have you ever hooked up a BP gauge to see what the ratio it? What are you running for a HP turbo?

It's always 1:1 on the low pressure side. Wot ebp is 10 to 15 psi higher then boost. I'm running a GT4088R for a high pressure turbo. I still need to play with my gate some more.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.