Found Dustin's Old Truck

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
That's the second or third motor I've read on this site that has chucked the thrust bearing within the last year. Seems like it was not so common before.

Let us know if you find any more carnage that points to reason why.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

at the moment the only thing I can think of is the coolant that was mixed with the oil from the cracked block washed the bearing clean and took it out.

it looks like the bearing issue must have just happened before we started tearing the truck down. all the material we found was in cylinders 7&8, even the oil on the other pistons didn't have any metal in it. il have some more of this apart hopefully sometime this week or this weekend.

getstroked27

Reaction score
Yep mine was caused by excessive fuel in the crankcase. Same exact result though. spun the heck outta the main bearings, pushed that thrust bearing out and then crunched it up. Took some chunks of piston skirt along with it.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
well after looking a little at the motor a little more, looks like we have a few chipped piston skirts as well.....might get a little time to take this completely apart this weekend, well see....seems like were doing the red truck thing all over again...

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
well got the rest of the motor somewhat taken apart over the weekend,

looks like the crank is trashed, all the main bearings minus the front set spun, looks like we have some nicks in the cam...have to pull that out and really check it over...

1 piston has a few chips out of the skirt, and a 2nd piston has some serious where by the wrist pin.

I have a new set of bearings coming this week, were going to put the new bearings in, and put the block back in the truck and double check the crank play when its bolted to the transmission.

want to make sure that when this goes back together we have whatever the issue was that caused this taken care of....

going to be little bit of a long road but were making some progress

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
that just sucks ass... sorry to hear!! hope the next one will live to rock out for a while!!

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
Mother of god....... that's some **** man!!!!

that just sucks ass... sorry to hear!! hope the next one will live to rock out for a while!!

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

well the way I see it, at this point there really isn't anything else that can be broke....everything is all torn apart so things can only look up from here. but round 2 will be ready for next season we came close this year to getting this truck where we wanted it to be in only 10 passes....so few changes going on this winter and next year should be even better!

CATDiezel

Reaction score
If that was the original engine in the truck from when it was sold off.... I wouldn't be surprised if the block was cracked from over torque on the head studs. I vaguely remember reading about them being torque to something stupid like 350lbs and having issues with a thread. Lots and lots of stress on the block with that much torque.

I could be wrong. But it's rare. Lol

Latest posts

Members online