6.7 CK-4 Oil

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Yeah there was an owner notice letter went out about that. Jimdawg has a thread about it in the elite lubrication specialties deal in the vendor section.

DieselDog

Reaction score
CK-4 oil and FA-4 basically from what I understand is that they are removing even more sulfur from the oil. The sulfur in oil is a natural lubricity for automotive oils. Ford has been testing multiple oil suppliers CK-4 certified oil and found that reduces engine life due to lack of lubricity cause camshaft,crankshaft,bearings all to wear prematurely.
Our wonderful EPA wants less emissions so removal of sulfur is one solution but side effect is reduce engine life. EPA does not give a **** if you engine last as long as you're not polluting tailpipe emission. Higher sulfur more damage *** filters and catalyst poisoning, ultra low sulfur fuel better emission but kills our fuel systems.
As I have remove certain components from my truck I no longer need to worry about low sulfur and run the higher sulfur rating oil. Also most people don't realize is that the sulfur missing from our fuel is also damaging our fuel system because of missing lubricity that once prolong component life such short as HPFP and injectors. If anybody on here remembers back early 2000's the 7.3L powerstroke started see alot of fuel drain valves leaking this was due to new fuel standard causing seals to harden. That's why ford released a new valve with update green o-rings that way chemically they won't harden due to new fuel standard. It's all a EPA scheme to reduce emissions and keep the rich richer. As long as us little people remain ignorant they will remain rich because most of us believe that AL Gore's global warming can be stopped by reducing and controlling personal vehicles. Be aware of what oil is being used on your vehicles. Low sulfur good for catalyst converters and ***, Higher sulfur great for your internally lubricated engine components. Pick which one matter most to you and go from there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Sportchassis06

Reaction score
CK-4 oil and FA-4 basically from what I understand is that they are removing even more sulfur from the oil. The sulfur in oil is a natural lubricity for automotive oils. Ford has been testing multiple oil suppliers CK-4 certified oil and found that reduces engine life due to lack of lubricity cause camshaft,crankshaft,bearings all to wear prematurely.
Our wonderful EPA wants less emissions so removal of sulfur is one solution but side effect is reduce engine life. EPA does not give a **** if you engine last as long as you're not polluting tailpipe emission. Higher sulfur more damage *** filters and catalyst poisoning, ultra low sulfur fuel better emission but kills our fuel systems.
As I have remove certain components from my truck I no longer need to worry about low sulfur and run the higher sulfur rating oil. Also most people don't realize is that the sulfur missing from our fuel is also damaging our fuel system because of missing lubricity that once prolong component life such short as HPFP and injectors. If anybody on here remembers back early 2000's the 7.3L powerstroke started see alot of fuel drain valves leaking this was due to new fuel standard causing seals to harden. That's why ford released a new valve with update green o-rings that way chemically they won't harden due to new fuel standard. It's all a EPA scheme to reduce emissions and keep the rich richer. As long as us little people remain ignorant they will remain rich because most of us believe that AL Gore's global warming can be stopped by reducing and controlling personal vehicles. Be aware of what oil is being used on your vehicles. Low sulfur good for catalyst converters and ***, Higher sulfur great for your internally lubricated engine components. Pick which one matter most to you and go from there.

Well said.Ty

Jomax

Reaction score
Well, I'm going to start running Autozone 15w40. It passes.

How did M1 5w40 not make it!?!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DieselDog

Reaction score
I am using Amsoil 5w40 full synthetic signature series little expensive but has a higher sulfur and zinc rating amongst other additives used unlike most 5w40 diesel oils manufacturers there is a lot of manufactures that are equal or better them amsoil it's all personal preference and personal experience . I used to use 10w30 Motorcraft I switched over to Amsoil when I installed there dual remote oil filtration system. Day and night difference how engine feels. I also have a digital gauge running 5w40 upped pressure from used to be 36 psi at idle to 44 psi oil temperature at 199.
I also use Amsoil on my wife's 2016 ecoboost expedition quite that engine down real quick no engine rattle cold start used to have engine ping under heavy acceleration haven't had concern since I switched. I still maintain vehicles every 5k miles only because I live in Las Vegas lots of stop and go traffic,short tripping and of course it's hot as hell and I really like my vehicles so I take care of them. I know most people do the oil analysis or listen to yahoo but I fix and build ford engines for a living and I've seen what extended oil changes do. Even seen what factory recommended oil intervals do using penzsoil,valvoline or quackerstate. Manufacturers oil service recommendation are solely based on the manufactures oil being used during testing of there product so like ford they test Motorcraft not penzsoil. Also most manufacturers maintenance intervals are based of EPA goverment mandated laws. Most people don't realize that most western States are rate as sever duty climates for maintenance services. If you live in high traffic its considered severduty if you idle longer then 10 minutes extended periods of time, use biodiesel,E85 all falls under sever duty intervals. Also the average customer that purchase oil that states oil service every 50k miles 700 hrs or (1 year) for some reason they miss the 1 year statement on the bottle and believe they can drive 50k miles without servicing there oil but it took 4 years to reach 50k miles if your vehicle makes it that long. manufacturers can deny warranties for customers not maintaining powertrain based on driving conditions. I also use Amsoil oil filters, all my atv's,motorcycle and lawnmower all use same brand.

JRLott

Reaction score
PM JRLOTT he will know

This, like many of your oft spouted opinions, is wrong.

Talk to jimdawg about the le oil.

This is correct.
Like the wall of text I haven't fully read yet says, personal preference and choice has a lot do do with your decision.
Edit...read the wall of text. It is based on logic and quality items. Nothing wrong in it either. I choose to go a slightly different route...with quality items. Quality and logic being the key words. Use quality filters and lube, and maintain logical oil change intervals, and you'll be good to go. I'd call Jim. In fact I did call Jim...and am following his logical, educated, and experienced advice.

Last edited:

Sportchassis06

Reaction score
This, like many of your oft spouted opinions, is wrong.

This is correct.
Like the wall of text I haven't fully read yet says, personal preference and choice has a lot do do with your decision.
Edit...read the wall of text. It is based on logic and quality items. Nothing wrong in it either. I choose to go a slightly different route...with quality items. Quality and logic being the key words. Use quality filters and lube, and maintain logical oil change intervals, and you'll be good to go. I'd call Jim. In fact I did call Jim...and am following his logical, educated, and experienced advice.
Love Not hate.I thought you were a poster child for the oil you use,since you always got your Panties rufflled,when a person's OPINION wasn't the same as yours:flipa:

Last edited:

JRLott

Reaction score
Love Not hate.I thought you were a poster child for the oil you use,since you always got your Panties rufflled,when a person's OPINION wasn't the same as yours:flipa:

As I previously wrote...this, like many of your oft spouted opinions, is wrong. Now stop being a prick and mucking up the thread.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I am using Amsoil 5w40 full synthetic signature series little expensive but has a higher sulfur and zinc rating amongst other additives used unlike most 5w40 diesel oils manufacturers there is a lot of manufactures that are equal or better them amsoil it's all personal preference and personal experience . I used to use 10w30 Motorcraft I switched over to Amsoil when I installed there dual remote oil filtration system. Day and night difference how engine feels. I also have a digital gauge running 5w40 upped pressure from used to be 36 psi at idle to 44 psi oil temperature at 199.
I also use Amsoil on my wife's 2016 ecoboost expedition quite that engine down real quick no engine rattle cold start used to have engine ping under heavy acceleration haven't had concern since I switched. I still maintain vehicles every 5k miles only because I live in Las Vegas lots of stop and go traffic,short tripping and of course it's hot as hell and I really like my vehicles so I take care of them. I know most people do the oil analysis or listen to yahoo but I fix and build ford engines for a living and I've seen what extended oil changes do. Even seen what factory recommended oil intervals do using penzsoil,valvoline or quackerstate. Manufacturers oil service recommendation are solely based on the manufactures oil being used during testing of there product so like ford they test Motorcraft not penzsoil. Also most manufacturers maintenance intervals are based of EPA goverment mandated laws. Most people don't realize that most western States are rate as sever duty climates for maintenance services. If you live in high traffic its considered severduty if you idle longer then 10 minutes extended periods of time, use biodiesel,E85 all falls under sever duty intervals. Also the average customer that purchase oil that states oil service every 50k miles 700 hrs or (1 year) for some reason they miss the 1 year statement on the bottle and believe they can drive 50k miles without servicing there oil but it took 4 years to reach 50k miles if your vehicle makes it that long. manufacturers can deny warranties for customers not maintaining powertrain based on driving conditions. I also use Amsoil oil filters, all my atv's,motorcycle and lawnmower all use same brand.

Where do you buy it and can I get it locally?

JRLott

Reaction score
I think I the easiest way to find Amsoil is to locate a dealer on their website. LE can be ordered and will show up at your door in a few days by emailing or calling Jim.
[email protected]
616-460-99

Latest posts

Members online