2011+ headlight post

Lthrnck

Reaction score
Off topic real quick, how's the light output on the Q2s? Insane? Like too much to leave on during normal driving?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Off topic real quick, how's the light output on the Q2s? Insane? Like too much to leave on during normal driving?

Q2's are illegal for on road use in all states. Rigid makes one DOT legal driving pattern cube...all others are for off road use only.

BIG JUICE

Reaction score
I've got the rigid dot, the cutoff is good, no where near the output of the q2 though.obviously they could not be that bright

KevSher20

Reaction score

I have the amber and diffusers on them. Cuts them back and makes them useable on road.

Without the cover they are ridiculously bright. As bright as my light bars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lthrnck

Reaction score
@kev 10-4. Was going to pick up a used pair but think I'd rather get the DOT approved so I can actually use them all the time. Then on to headlight retrofit...

bpan

Reaction score
Sort of on topic. I just put Putco Silver Lux Pro LED bulbs in my Recon projectors. I love them. Way cleaner install than the HIDs that were in there with a better light output. The Recons on the other hand I really don't like. I wish they didn't come on the truck when I bought them. They have REALLY bad pitting and peeling on the lens. Would not buy again.

brown1

Reaction score
Sort of on topic. I just put Putco Silver Lux Pro LED bulbs in my Recon projectors. I love them. Way cleaner install than the HIDs that were in there with a better light output. The Recons on the other hand I really don't like. I wish they didn't come on the truck when I bought them. They have REALLY bad pitting and peeling on the lens. Would not buy again.

x2 on the recons. mine also came with my rig. i will look into those bulbs, mine low beams are horrible.

bpan

Reaction score
x2 on the recons. mine also came with my rig. i will look into those bulbs, mine low beams are horrible.

Also they are amiable, It helped a lot to re aim the LEDs too.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Time for some education- what makes these lights illegal to run on the road? I only ask as I know nothing about lighting laws etc.

Most of them are a flood pattern that throw light everywhere with no cut-off to keep from blinding oncoming traffic. Combined with how bright they are it's actually dangerous to anyone you meet head on. That's why there's laws about what type of light can be used....it's a simple safety thing. HID's in halogen housings is also illegal in most states but is generally left alone by the cops.
I'd love to see these morons running light bars on the street get nailed though. I saw a douchebag the other day running a 50" roof mount bar in the rain just before dusk....you literally couldn't see anything when he got close...a total whiteout blinding. I think I'm gonna keep a bag of marbles in the truck....might make it more fun when I meet up with those azzholes.

jwalk09

Reaction score
Yep I can't stand it when people have light bars on. So stupid. I just picked up some rigid XL dually for fogs in a flood pattern. I will only be using them on back roads with no traffic bc I know they aren't made for street use. I think even the dot rigids would be too bright for the traffic honestly

04cr450

Reaction score
Great info thanks for sharing this! I agree on the light bars... they annoy me to no end and soon enough they will cause a wreck. Marbles on hand sound like a good plan, you unleash hell when they get thrown in front of an on coming vehicle at a high rate of speed :D:D

bpan

Reaction score
how would i go about aim? i assume i need to remove entire light?

I didn't need to remove my headlights, it was tight but you could get in there. There are 4 adjusting screws with 8mm heads. One on each projector.

FordPSD64

Reaction score
1896e26154b5cae0c40413361f90258e.jpg

2015 f250
NL S2 Intake, egr ******, CCV re route
5" exhaust
H&S pipe
Gear head tunes

FordPSD64

Reaction score
It needs a lot of work... just haven't had time to do anything to it in a while

9f1442c53cd0872426d099208f4b1106.jpg