Tune Question

02blue

Reaction score
Would adding a 72/59 setup to a freshly rebuilt motor, make enough difference to lean out the previous tune so the truck is undrivable?

powerstroked08

Reaction score
I've ran stock, 75/59, and 76/59 all on the same tunes wroth no problems. It will just pull harder from the mid to up top. You will love it.

02blue

Reaction score
The truck idles, but you take off normally when the truck shifts to 2nd it falls on its face from lack of fuel, probably a mechanical issue then?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
The truck idles, but you take off normally when the truck shifts to 2nd it falls on its face from lack of fuel, probably a mechanical issue then?

nope, actually there is almost no change in tuning needed for that setup. shoot me a pm and i'll help you diagnose it .

02blue

Reaction score
Truck was ******d, studied, S&B intake, no limit cold side pipe, ported intake, 4" downpipe, 5" exhaust ran a ******** tune on a H&S mini max

Now all of the above plus rebuilt .030 over coated pistons, o-ringed heads, stage 1 cam, air dog with bowl ******, BD exhaust manifold and up pipes, no limit intake, 72/59 turbos, spearco intercooler, billet tranmission. Truck starts and idles fine, put in gear to take off and any throttle it stalls and almost dies. Mechanic thinks its tune related. You can rev the engine in park but with a load no way

sootie

Reaction score
Run the same tune you had prior to the engine work and see if it's any different. Your truck should run fine on otnwith the exception of more turbo lag. People are pretty quick to blame tunes when they are almost never the issue.

Check fuel pressure and rail pressure next.

02blue

Reaction score
there was one tune, before and after, the before the truck ran great, the after is where the problem started, so I can eliminate the tune as the problem

Latest posts

Members online