load leaf question

08twinturbo

Reaction score
Guys that have removed bottom load leaf only In a 5 spring pack. How much drop did you see. I know the leaf is around 7/8" thick. Just wondering if the amount of drop is exactly that or does it settle a little more.

BilletGarage

Reaction score
It will drop it exactly the thickness of the overload (shortest) leaf. It's only there to keep you from over arching the longer leaf springs when you have several tons in the bed. I pulled the overload and a middle spring on mine and it still rides like a dump truck. No difference in ride, the truck is just lower.

08twinturbo

Reaction score
Ok that's good info. I was wanting to pull the fat one and the little one above that. Just for a little lower stance. No towing here. This is on a 2wd and I already have lowering shackles.

BilletGarage

Reaction score
Here is a DJM 3/5 Drop with overload and one middle leaf pulled from the rear.

20141011_090728_zps3ff72cea.png

Dzchey21

Reaction score
take that out and you will be about where you need to be.

My reg cab with that out rode better, it only had 4 leafs If I remember right and no overloads. I think it all depends on what capacity rear end you have as far as weight rating goes. My Reg cab rode better than anything else I have ever owned even with cut front springs ect.

That truck does look cool as ****

BilletGarage

Reaction score
That looks real good. The shorties look good low. Fits nicely.

Thank you sir! I should note that the shorter wheel base contributes to a harsher ride in general. I noticed it immediately on the first cruise after shortening. You may personally see a softer ride by pulling a middle leaf. And like Dzchey21 said, it will depend on the load rating for the rear (F250/F350) and cab/bed configuration.

I like the solid/two tone i cant make up my mind look.

That truck does look cool as ****

I had to double take, but I would have to agree on that

The short bed came off a Platinum Edition 6.4 F250 CCSB truck. The guy is a locksmith and replaced it with a utility bed which was good for me. I think I was lucky to find a predominantly white short bed in general. The whole truck will eventually be silver. For now though, the two-tone bed seems to be working. :D

08twinturbo

Reaction score
Well I guess this will be my before pic. Back is exactly 1 3/4" higher. I will pull helper leaf and maybe one above if needed to acheive 1 1/2" hopefully combined. Then steps are graduating off and traction bars are going on. Should compliment the truck well.
20150201_155334_1.jpg

08twinturbo

Reaction score
Thanks. It was supposed to be my "work" truck. lol! Now its treated just like a car. no working out of this one! After I waxed the red that is what finalized it.

Latest posts

Members online