Head studs parts list

yfz rock

Reaction score
Well guys I just tuned and deleted my truck a week ago and my water pump went I was think about just getting head studs, water pump, rocker arms, done all at once. any thing to add to the list let me know and where can I get OEM parts the cheapest?

yfz rock

Reaction score
Sunrise Ford, they are a vendor on here.

Biggest question is are you doing studs without taking the heads off?

No heads are coming off getting check. the guys who are doing the work said they have never had 6.4 heads not cracked when doing the studs so that's gay but I hope mine are ok

madman1234509

Reaction score
If the trucks not puking, they may not be cracked. But if they are cracked and the truck has no issues should you replace them?

Besides oem gaskets, new rockers, you should get new oem lifters. You're going to need new oem manifold gaskets. All new fuel injector tubes and copper washers. The fuel lines that go from each fuel rail from the injector pump. A new gasket for the injector pump. Those are some of the main things off of the top of my head

madman1234509

Reaction score
That's true. I want to say we replaced the one on my 08. Can't recall If we did one on my 10. Were there certain jobs that they were found on?

yfz rock

Reaction score
If the trucks not puking, they may not be cracked. But if they are cracked and the truck has no issues should you replace them?

Besides oem gaskets, new rockers, you should get new oem lifters. You're going to need new oem manifold gaskets. All new fuel injector tubes and copper washers. The fuel lines that go from each fuel rail from the injector pump. A new gasket for the injector pump. Those are some of the main things off of the top of my head

How about oil cooler they said to replace but idk it just adds to the list I don't want to spend more then 7k I will look in to the lifters

White_monster

Reaction score
Pull the cover and see if the wires are shielded. If they aren't either replace it or put some loom over the existing harness if the wires are still good. I shielded mine in my job 1 as the harness isn't cheap.

6.4f350

Reaction score
Get the "valve grind kit" ( 8C3Z-6079-D ) and the fuel pump reseal kit ( 8c3z-9g805-b ).That's everything you need to do headgaskets.

Last edited:

RSK

Reaction score
if it were my truck my mechanic would be charging me 2,000 to stud the heads and replace all that stuff and do the water pump and whatever else i wanted him to do on top of the motor or on the heads.

Latest posts

Members online