Radiator leak bottom back corner driver side

Tylerwilson

Reaction score
Is there any short term patch? I'm in school for another 7 weeks and don't have the income to fix at the moment. Truck has 89000 miles on it so is there any chance of getting it warrantied? Also what is the word on the new all aluminum radiators, someone told me they are junk?

Lipka101

Reaction score
Yup. Just keep her topped off til you get a new one. I would go with the mishimoto. There's a good chance it will leak eventually but it's got a lifetime warranty.
The problem with 6.4 radiators is not really the radiator itself but the mounting design. (So I've read anyway)

webb06

Reaction score
Id check your front cab mounts. Chances are they're bad and need replaced too. Thermostats stuck open can cause a radiator failure as well

Tylerwilson

Reaction score
The truck has felt a little weird on the front drivers side suspension wise lately, I just thought I had a shock on the way out

Tylerwilson

Reaction score
Is there a upgraded body mount available? Just looking ahead to prevent the new radiator from suffering the same fate

Mishimoto

Reaction score
Is there any short term patch? I'm in school for another 7 weeks and don't have the income to fix at the moment. Truck has 89000 miles on it so is there any chance of getting it warrantied? Also what is the word on the new all aluminum radiators, someone told me they are junk?

As others have mentioned, warranty is rather unlikely although certainly worth a shot. I have seen a few cases where the replacement charges were significantly reduces. In the meantime, gauge the amount of fluid loss and try to top it off as best you can for now.

Yup. Just keep her topped off til you get a new one. I would go with the mishimoto. There's a good chance it will leak eventually but it's got a lifetime warranty.
The problem with 6.4 radiators is not really the radiator itself but the mounting design. (So I've read anyway)

Thanks for the recommendation! We just launched a revised radiator design with new features that strengthen the core and reduce the impact of chassis flex on radiator integrity. Check out the details below.

http://engineering.mishimoto.com/20...erstroke-aluminum-radiator-version-2-details/

Thanks

Id check your front cab mounts. Chances are they're bad and need replaced too. Thermostats stuck open can cause a radiator failure as well

Agreed! Cab mounts are common failure points and will cause quite a bit of flex transfer throughout the truck. This eventually results in radiator support flex and compromises the radiator itself. We put together a checklist with a great deal of maintenance and TSB items to inspect prior to radiator replacement.

http://engineering.mishimoto.com/2014/07/mishimoto-6-4l-powerstroke-radiator-analysis/

Is there a upgraded body mount available? Just looking ahead to prevent the new radiator from suffering the same fate

Daystar makes a kit which replaces the stock cab mounts. We installed a set and they appeared to be far more robust than the stock units. Might be worth checking out!

Thanks
-John

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.