Repeating Torque Converter Failure **Help

krasselt21

Reaction score
So I had my tranny rebuilt by a professional. Did the revmax master rebuild kit. Tranny has all new Solenoids, New Front Fluid pump, it has a Precision Torque Converter from New Hampshire. Now I keep have repeating torque converter failure. the converters literally last maybe 30 miles, this is my 5th torque converter. what could my issue be?

strokin20

Reaction score
Clutch material in your cooler unless you replaced it. I've been through the same situation a couple times myself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

krasselt21

Reaction score
Precision of New Hampshire hasn't said what the problem was. Basically from what the tranny shop said is its clutch failure. the Cooler has been flushed numerous times and checked for flow and it passes everything.

strokin20

Reaction score
I can promise you'll never get all the clutch material out of the cooler.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

madman1234509

Reaction score
Yep, no sense in messing with an old cooler. I'd check line pressures we well. Are you sure it's not precision out of New Hampton? That's one of the first 5 things that popped up when I typed precision torque converters in on google. I'd also recommend using a good proven torque converter like precision industries or dpc. I'm pretty sure between revmax and your converter you're using bottom of the barrel parts.

madman1234509

Reaction score
I'm not sure what a revmax kit consists of. I haven't heard good things about people running the kits. Mainly people on here run kits with raybestos or red alto. Raybestos/GPZ clutches I believe are typically favored over the Reds.

Like I said I'd check line pressure. And precision of NH which is New Hampton, is not precision industries.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.