Doing a 6.4 Rebuild

Sideswipe505

Reaction score
That's the problem with this thing. I have more ?'s than answers.lol. Was thinking of dropping a long block (reman) in it to do everything at once (shorter repair time). If I have the *** and ERG ******d, Can I trust this motor? I would rather keep OEM parts in it but would also like to drive with confidence. Thoughts appreciated.

I have a fresh longblock in mine, 20k miles all deeleeted. Runs great. Time will tell. I don't have it on a bigass nasty tune though. Just keeping everything safe as it's my daily driver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

owenscountry

Reaction score
So we are going to drop a new long block in this thing. The company I'm buying the motor from will discount the motor if I send core first. The problem is I wont have the old motor to gauge what should be stripped off and put on new motor. Is there a list of parts that the new long block will need so i don't send them parts I need? Thanks again for everyone help! A lot for forums are just a bunch of guys trying to tell you what they know. This site is truly helpful!!! Thanks again!

sootie

Reaction score
why not ask the company selling you the motor? They would be in the know as they know what they are shipping you!

owenscountry

Reaction score
Was just about to order motor and noticed that Barnette's Engine in VA has some Horrible reviews. Definitely don't want issues. Is there a more reputable reman co that you guys would suggest?

owenscountry

Reaction score
So the rebuild is finished (new long block) but I'm still having some weird issues. First I can't just get on the throttle I have to baby is up to speed. 2nd cruise wont engage. I hear that could be a symptom of "Limp Mode" but it's not throwing a code for that. Check Engine light is on (no Wrench light) but I assumed I just need to clear codes because (with new motor) the truck was confused and trying to protect itself. I have an SCT Livewire chip and have it tuned to Stock with d filter del . Chip says I can clear codes, but with the nature of the repair, is that something The Dealer will have to reset? it's also throwing a code for open back up light circuit? Missed plug somewhere? Thanks in advance for your help!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online