No heat now that its cold outside

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
i find it hard to believe there are no threads for removing the dash on a 08-10 f250, same with replacing a heater core.

there has got to be a way to remove the heater core without actually removing the dash....i swear every engineer is a moron, why would they change how the heater core is installed?

The dash does have to come out, as the whole heater/evaporator box has to come out. It aint too bad of a job, and if you are putting the heater core in, i would throw an evaporator in while youre at it. Heater has to come outto do evaporator....

Grey_Matter

Reaction score
The dash does have to come out, as the whole heater/evaporator box has to come out. It aint too bad of a job, and if you are putting the heater core in, i would throw an evaporator in while youre at it. Heater has to come outto do evaporator....

So I have to pull the unit too...whose ridiculous idea was that? Did ford realize they had a setup that was super easy to change and made it a pain in the ass simply to make more money in repairs?
The 07 the only thing that needs to come out is the glovebox

mandkole

Reaction score
In my years of selling products to heavy truck OEMs, having service discussions are rare. Building the vehicle with efficiency? well, that's a whole other discussion that gets a lot more priority.

I really hope you get this nipped.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
So I have to pull the unit too...whose ridiculous idea was that? Did ford realize they had a setup that was super easy to change and made it a pain in the ass simply to make more money in repairs?
The 07 the only thing that needs to come out is the glovebox

Unfortunately, its how damn near evry thing is these days. They save .10 on screws and anothe buck on a removeable door. And with the engine being so damn big on the 6.4, they couldnt put the evaporator outside like the 6.0 and 7.3.

Grey_Matter

Reaction score
The stripped bolt is out, front cover should be here today, if it is the motor will be back together tonight after work provided the dealer has a replacement bolt

Grey_Matter

Reaction score
got the replacement bolt today, might put it back together after work tomorrow, but might wait till friday, still trying to decide if i want to pull the dash or just drop it off at the dealer and let them change the heater core

Grey_Matter

Reaction score
reassembly has commenced, i totally forgot to order my new alternator, so all ive done is put the front cover back on, thermostat housing, oil pump, water pump, ps pump, idler pulley and tensioners on.

alternator will be here wednesday, and i'll finish putting it back together

Grey_Matter

Reaction score
So it's all back together and I put vacuum on it to make sure there are no leaks/sucking air, it is not holding vacuum....I have no idea where to begin looking.

**** this truck

Grey_Matter

Reaction score
I swear every time I do something I find something else that needs fixed, the MAP sensor is broken, not a big deal, but it's getting old fast

Grey_Matter

Reaction score
so filled the coolant system even though its not holding vacuum, gotta go rent the pressure tester so i can find out what is not sealing under vacuum....im about 4 seconds away from dropping it off at the dealer and letting them deal with it, then im selling this piece of ****

michaelite

Reaction score
I know it sucks man but its more than likely a simple fix.
Stick with it and you will laugh about it a week later... Being optimistic.

Grey_Matter

Reaction score
4 months is not a simple fix, especially on a truck i have barely owned for a year and put less than 4000 miles on, not to mention the new tranny, new rear end, ans other **** ive had to fix on it

dsberman94

Reaction score
That happens when you buy a used vehicle. Mine made it 2 weeks and I needed a set of injectors rebuilt and a tranny, at the same time. About a year later it needed a turbo. And a couple years after that it needed another new set of injectors. It's part of it. Unless you bought it brand new off the lot and know everything that's been done to it and every part that's been put into it, you're inheriting someone else's problems. And a lot of times, people sell bigger vehicles, and especially these trucks because the trans is going.

Grey_Matter

Reaction score
That is true, but this heat problem is the last straw, this is only the second American vehicle I have ever owned and it will be the last, the other American vehicle I had was also a piece of ****

Grey_Matter

Reaction score
Yeah, I replaced the front cover cause when I pulled the waterpump it was cavitated, I'm thinking the gasket is misaligned, doesn't matter, I dropped it off at the dealer so they can fix it.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.