dry sump HPOP

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
I would dedicate an entire section to feed the HPOP. When at full tilt with a hot set of sticks you are going to need a lot of flow. Just shooting from the hip here at the moment - when I was doing the math I figured I needed about 12GPM for a hot setup just for the HPO system at 3K RPMs at the minimum.

Of course that assumes you are trying to build a full tilt 7.3 and need every ounce of everything thrown at it.

I would say that if you are putting the time and money into a dry sump setup, then your assumption would be correct.

Although I have seen otherwise over the years.:flush:

thatdude

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
The goal is low 10s out of a CCSB OBS HUEI 7.3, fuel only. I think I'm around $15k invested into the short block?

thatdude

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I think it's very doable with good gearing and traction. Nitto drag radials all the way around, 08 axles, ARB lockers, 4 link front and rear.

Still debating on if to dry sump or not but leaning towards yes. Though the truck will be street driven, atleast occasionally. It will not be a dedicated track truck. I've spent WAYYY too much on the interior to be limited to the track.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online