Advice 850hp-1000hp race truck build

Maximus

Reaction score
Alright guys. I'm new to the forum,and am looking for some advice. I have read everything that I can find relating to my topic, but I'm still at a little bit of a loss. I have had many diesel trucks over the years, but this is the biggest build I have ever done. I'm to the point of ordering turbos, and this is where I get a little lost. I was originally going to go JR's, but after reading everything I could find I don't think JR's are going to get me to where I want to be. I think that high powers or max powers is what its going to take, along with a cam that I did not intend on either. Just don't know if the budget is going to allow either of these. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Here is a list of what I have so far:

2008 RCLB

ARP Mains
Carrillo Rods
.020 over Mahle HD coated pistons
Stock Crank(Polished & Balanced assembly)
Fluid damper
Billet flex plate
Very mildly ported heads by me
ARP head studs
upgraded springs & push rods
Complete EGR ******
6.0 manifolds & new up pipes
Flow Pro elbow with Tial WG kit
Hot & Cold side IC pipes
No limit intake
Airdog II with fuel bowl ******
Twin K16's
60% over injectors
CCV Kit
H&S Mini Max with GH tuning
Full 5r100 build
I think I got it all!

Spatel23

Reaction score
any reason you are limiting yourself to the JR, high, and max power systems ?

Lots of others out there.
Midwest has some better options at a better price imo

Maximus

Reaction score
This is my weak point in the whole process and that is just what I have a little knowledge about, but I am definitely open to other options.

johnp115

Reaction score
1000 hp.. are you planning to spray it? if not you may want to look into 100%'s. For a turbo setup if its strictly race, i would look into a 476 single. If you want compounds you could go with a 64-66-62/88 setup

Maximus

Reaction score
Really not looking to spray it. Would like to go fuel only, and I think i would kinda like to stay compounds for the drive ability. It is going to see some street time. If I don't get to 1000 it wouldn't be the end of the world. I would at least like to get to 900. The compound set up you're referring to is where i start to get lost. My turbo knowledge at this realm is not very broad.

ncollins64

Reaction score
Like others have said, I'd do 100s and tune accordingly. I had max powers and they will do 1k+ but there big money. Give Midwest a call and ask them about there 6.4 compounds. I'd look into a nice 66/88 setup.

Maximus

Reaction score
I definitely need something to save all I can. Max and High powers are definitely expensive and really not in my budget. I'm guessing that the 66/88 set up is what johnp115 was saying as well just with a 62, 64, or 66. This is where I need the most help. I just don't have that much knowledge with all the different turbo setups, and trying to learn all I can.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I definitely need something to save all I can. Max and High powers are definitely expensive and really not in my budget. I'm guessing that the 66/88 set up is what johnp115 was saying as well just with a 62, 64, or 66. This is where I need the most help. I just don't have that much knowledge with all the different turbo setups, and trying to learn all I can.

give us a call tomorrow, i can walk you thru fueling and injector options to get to 1000 .

ingrahams

Reaction score
I had 66/88 compounds on my truck, drove great on the street with the right tuning and made right around 1000 on fuel with 100%. I know Midwest is finishing up A 6.4 with Precision compounds that should spool great and make a ton of power for quite a bit less than Max Powers.

Maximus

Reaction score
That's sounds what I'm really looking for. What cam were you running on the 66/88 setup?

Maximus

Reaction score
Stage 2 was my thoughts as long as you don't need fly cut pistons which I didn't think that you do. I may be wrong.

Black AOD

Reaction score
Alright guys. I'm new to the forum,and am looking for some advice. I have read everything that I can find relating to my topic, but I'm still at a little bit of a loss. I have had many diesel trucks over the years, but this is the biggest build I have ever done. I'm to the point of ordering turbos, and this is where I get a little lost. I was originally going to go JR's, but after reading everything I could find I don't think JR's are going to get me to where I want to be. I think that high powers or max powers is what its going to take, along with a cam that I did not intend on either. Just don't know if the budget is going to allow either of these. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Here is a list of what I have so far:

2008 RCLB

ARP Mains
Carrillo Rods
.020 over Mahle HD coated pistons
Stock Crank(Polished & Balanced assembly)
Fluid damper
Billet flex plate
Very mildly ported heads by me
ARP head studs
upgraded springs & push rods
Complete EGR ******
6.0 manifolds & new up pipes
Flow Pro elbow with Tial WG kit
Hot & Cold side IC pipes
No limit intake
Airdog II with fuel bowl ******
Twin K16's
60% over injectors
CCV Kit
H&S Mini Max with GH tuning
Full 5r100 build
I think I got it all!

OP if you decide to go with 60% injectors, I have a very nice set of RCD 60% for sale. HMU if youre interested.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
if your looking to stay single, 100s and a 476 or 75 will get you close depending on the dyno, compounds if you like the non vgt 66/88 would get you there.

Maximus

Reaction score
Mark are you running a single or compounds on your 08 single cab? That's right where i want to be. Mid to high 10's and 900-1000 fuel only.

Black AOD

Reaction score
Mark are you running a single or compounds on your 08 single cab? That's right where i want to be. Mid to high 10's and 900-1000 fuel only.

I believe its a S476 SX-E. Twin Pumps and RCD 150%'s, built motor and a 48re trans swap

Latest posts

Members online