EC/LB Motor Build

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
was just making a observation, when you drive it in the snow you need to be aware that it will want to, and will walk around on you.

in the snow, the one wheel wonder is actually partially a good thing, as the wheel thats not spinning acts like a rudder and keeps the rear end straight.

its the trade off you make in the snow. more forward go also means more wandering in the rear.

as i said, once you learn it, it's not a problem. i didn't have the luxury of someone mentioning to me that was going to happen. so i learned that particular piece of knowledge at noon on a saturday in 4" of snow in bumper to bumper traffic. it was...exciting to say the least.

Black AOD

Reaction score
was just making a observation, when you drive it in the snow you need to be aware that it will want to, and will walk around on you.

in the snow, the one wheel wonder is actually partially a good thing, as the wheel thats not spinning acts like a rudder and keeps the rear end straight.

its the trade off you make in the snow. more forward go also means more wandering in the rear.

as i said, once you learn it, it's not a problem. i didn't have the luxury of someone mentioning to me that was going to happen. so i learned that particular piece of knowledge at noon on a saturday in 4" of snow in bumper to bumper traffic. it was...exciting to say the least.

Interesting. Thanks for the heads up. I don't know if this truck will even see snow again or not, trying to get a new car for a year round DD and make the 6.4 a toy/tow pig only.

Black AOD

Reaction score
Well this past weekend was a blast. Got to meet Six Sloww aka Cody G. And his wonderful gf Amie. They and myself and my wonderful fiance Amanda and White Mamba aka Pete got to go to Kilkare Raceway near Xenia, OH with Lavon Miller and his crew from Firepunk and see what they were able to do. Pete also got a run in on his truck, I was not able to sadly. Seeing the Firepunk UCC truck run was a thing of beauty. Was a really great Saturday.

Anyways, this was the first full good weekend of weather and I was finally able to get my truck clean. Doesn't look half bad...

uploadfromtaptalk1461013149225.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1461013165952.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1461013177034.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1461013245640.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1461013258814.jpg

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Black AOD

Reaction score
And some exterior shots of the truck itself cleaned up

uploadfromtaptalk1461013495550.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1461013508919.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1461013521971.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1461013542788.jpg

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Great seeing the truck and meeting you.

I was fortunate enough to take the truck for a quick drive and I must say it is an incredible setup. It spools just as fast if not faster than I remember my stock turbo tune only 6.4 did, and the power is obviously nuts.

Really well built truck, now don't tinker with it for a while! Just enjoy it!

Black AOD

Reaction score
Great seeing the truck and meeting you.

I was fortunate enough to take the truck for a quick drive and I must say it is an incredible setup. It spools just as fast if not faster than I remember my stock turbo tune only 6.4 did, and the power is obviously nuts.

Really well built truck, now don't tinker with it for a while! Just enjoy it!
Same to you man. Thanks for the kind words....I guess it kind of has power ha

Black AOD

Reaction score
uploadfromtaptalk1461450149189.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1461450157356.jpg

Changed out the Fluid today after 500 miles of having the truetrac in. Put in some Fresh Lubrication Engineers 704 85-140 Diff Oil courtesy of Jim K. Want to give a big thanks to him, this oil is legit. Between the True Trac and the LE oil this truck hooks up so hard in 2wd, it's unreal.

Black AOD

Reaction score
Well I haven't updated this thread for awhile as there was really no need to but changes are coming, just waiting on the industry to release the parts needed.

The truck has almost 20,000 miles on the new motor/trans setup, and about 8,000 of that is with the Gen 2 High Powers and Fuel System on there making 800+ whp. Absolutely flawless setup.

The Only changes that have been made were very minor, I added an aluminum coolant tank from No Limit Fab and I added an Edge 12V kit and EAS sensor kit to my CTS 2 to be able to run it independently and away from the OBD 2. Other than that the truck is the same as shown a page or two back.

After speaking with people in the industry and now being able to put this truck away as a toy for the winter, I have decided the next stage will be to push the HP into the 4 digit range and try to push torque into the 2k + range (on fuel only) which actually we already did on Nitrous so that shouldn't be hard. I am already in the process of waiting for some of these products to release and am currently gathering parts as they are needed and become available. I hope to have the motor apart this winter to start this phase. The next phase (Phase 3?) will be as follows

- A set of fully built heads to include full machining, oversized valves with hardened seats, full CNC port job, bronze valve guides, ceramic coating on the chambers and valves, all fresh new stage 2 valvetrain components and o-rings. They obviously will get a fresh set of studs and gaskets. Unsure yet who I will have build me these.

- A custom spec'd cam built specifically for the heads once a flow test is done on them and we know how the cam will need to be ground. It will be a billet cam.

- Line Bore the bottom main's and install a set of ARP main studs.

- A set of Custom Forged Piston's with steel ringland inserts and a set of very high quality billet cut rods with Forced Pin Oiling, custom wrist pins, and some other odds and ends. They will be mated and made to match directly to the piston's. I currently am not divulging who is providing these however the piston's and rods both come from the same manf. These are not yet available

- a full billet custom intake manifold identical to the one Nate Bailor from UDP has on his 6.4. It is made by D&J Precision I believe.

- Gen 2 8185 Precision Atmospheric Low Pressure Charger - This has not been released yet

- 100% Injectors done by either RCD or S&S

- Custom Valved and Spec'd King 2.5 Piggyback Reservoir Shocks

- Dynatrac Free Spin kit for Front Dana 60 Axle with custom chromoly axles

- All new front steering components from OUO and red head steering gear box.

The suspension lift and large 35x13.5 Tires will disappear....The truck will most likely go down on stock 6000 lb front springs and a 1" rear block or it may go slightly lower to 5400 lb front springs and no rear block.

The tires will be a 305 /55 size roughly, they will be a street tire or drag radial possibly for the track and I'll have a set of driving tires for spring and summer when I need it to haul or just drive around and do what trucks are supposed to do.

The goal will be 1000+ HP and 2000+ ft / lb of torque on fuel and there will be a nitrous setup put on the truck as well. I will strip what weight I can off the truck but I still want the truck to be usable in the spring and summer to do what trucks were meant to do so it will not be getting gutted or a complete strip or anything of that nature. If I could get the truck down to 7500-7600 weight for a track run I'd be happy. The goal will be High-mid 10's on fuel and see what it will do after that on spray. I'm looking forward to see how this all turns out and to get it started in the next few months on this!

Last edited:

Black AOD

Reaction score
Welp. My truck started having Fuel Rail Pressure act up yesterday morning. Just a small drop after a cold start up fire then nothing the rest of the day. Same small drop happened this morning, now it's starting to act up a little more during normal driving today. Starting to worry one of my K16's is about to kick the bucket. I could be wrong but knowing k16 track records I wouldn't be surprised.

Black AOD

Reaction score
Well Pete want's me to post this so to make him shut up I guess I will.

Took the truck out east To National Trails Raceway several weeks ago. Borrowed a set of Toyo Proxes from a friend and ran on those so I didn't have to run on my big heavy and cumbersome Toyo R/T's. Pulled the tailgate and my full size spare tire off. Put the truck around 8350 with me in it I believe. Managed to pull off an 11.81 @ 120.18 MPH. Left the line at about 15 lbs on that pass. I like the MPH but I thought the E.T. would be better. It gets up and moves, that's for sure.

Only crappy part is nobody local to me was up for going or bringing their car or truck since I ended up going last minute so I had no one to video the run :(

SDC14763.jpg

Last edited:

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
One of the few trucks in existence these days that actually makes more power on the track than it does on the dyno.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Black AOD

Reaction score
One of the few trucks in existence these days that actually makes more power on the track than it does on the dyno.

I don't believe what the calc numbers say. It just doesn't seem right to me.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
If you don't believe the calc then weigh the truck again on a different scale.

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
Have to remember you dyno'd the truck on heavy ass RTs and ran on little proxes. I'm guessing the difference there in weight and the fact Firepunks dyno is by no means a friendly number dyno its more accurate than you think.

Latest posts

Members online