this is why we can't have nice things....

getstroked27

Reaction score
SO. I have been running the truck hard for about a year and some change now with the H&S turbo setup, studs, stock trans and such. About a month ago i had swapped the setup for an MPD kit with an Industrial 467 with a race cover. LOVED that setup. street manners were Pretty dang awesome and it pulled harder than ever. With that being said, i drove home for lunch on friday, and when i got back to the shop the engine was knocking, rattling and barely running. pulled into the shop, it died. Long story short, we pulled my oil filter and found it soaked in fuel and borderline clogged with main bearing material. I am claiming it as cooked. pretty sure the k16 seal went bye bye, filled the crank case with fuel and then yeah. So the truck is sitting for now, I am still weighing all my options and seeing what the budget is going to be. With our Hunting for Horsepower event coming up quick i would love to have it done soon. I am really hoping my crank isn't damaged. what i am thinking is this:

Stock crank
stage 2 cam
lifters
stock rods, mayyybbeeee R&R rods. maybe.
coated and fly cut HD pistons
block will more than likely get bored.
hopefully valvetrain is still good.
I will do pushrods, probably new rockers and possibly valve springs
have rotating assembly balanced
new K16 and have injectors rebuilt
put back in truck
lay on the floor and cry for hours at how much it all cost
go do sick burnout

this will be a longer project, i will load up pics and The final parts list!!

Wish i didnt have to spend the money, but at least it gives me a good reason to build the engine!

getstroked27

Reaction score
ca225219ed50295edb59859c5799ac68.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

getstroked27

Reaction score
Yeah, not a cheap bill to have to foot, but thats the game we play when we push for more power and ****. i just wish it blew up doing something cool, not driving home to get soup.

03cody

Reaction score
I just like the thread name.......ill be watching. I also just went through the privelage of doing a full rebuild as well so i feel your pain.

sonic blue l

Reaction score
another item you should add to your build, get rid of that **** after market oil filter and cap. while your at it check that the anti drain back valve did not get broken or the stand pipe because of it.

getstroked27

Reaction score
another item you should add to your build, get rid of that **** after market oil filter and cap. while your at it check that the anti drain back valve did not get broken or the stand pipe because of it.
I am probably doing a filter relocation and remote cooler, so I am not too worried about that!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

getstroked27

Reaction score
So i put A LOT of thought into this last night. did not sleep at all. I took a long hard look at everything i need to make the truck what i want it to be, and it is just not in the books right now. between the motor build and then the trans build, rebuilding the front end (again) and then having to get the truck painted, re do a lot of suspension stuff, and get the drivers seat fixed, i just think i am better off starting fresh. now, IF my engine is still in good shape, i could just pull it apart, replace the bearings, new rings, hone the cylinders, throw it back together and sell the truck. get myself into a clean, stock 13/14 6.7, and be happy with a simple reliable truck. i really wish i had the money to keep this truck, but i dont think it is possible for me right now. The truck and i have had a good 4 year run. and yes, i will probably cry when i sell it.

B585Ford

Reaction score
Well that sucks....hate losing another. Seems like we (the 6.4 crowd) are dropping like flies.

swinky

Reaction score
I'm sure somebody more experienced than me will comment but I would really expect the crank to be dicked if the filter is filled with bearing material.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Do you have any pics of where the K16 pump leaks at? My crankcase was full of fuel too and pulled the motor for a rebuild. I took the K16 apart and it looks brad new. Which seal would you be talking about?

I suspect mine filled up from an injector line since they were replaced.

getstroked27

Reaction score
Well that sucks....hate losing another. Seems like we (the 6.4 crowd) are dropping like flies.

yeah man, it is definitely starting to get smaller and smaller.

like i said, i am hoping it is in OK condition. i would not be surprised at all if it is not though. just trying to stay positive, yah know?

i dont have it torn down yet, been wayyyy to busy. there are quite a few ways it could have happened, but a pump failure is my guess, my injectors were all in great shape, but i was starting to struggle to maintain Rail Pressure.

Latest posts

Members online