6.4 vs 6.7

Turdchucker22

Reaction score
Well today sitting in traffic, 6.7 pulls up next to me, asks if I'm D****** and whats done to the truck.
Told him all I have is a Spar*** tune. Asked him whats done to his as I hear he's got a bigger turbo and by the amount of smoke he was blowing over everyone :frustrate: ... He said he had an H&S turbo kit and also D****** also with Spar***.

Well we get up to about 50 or so on the highway with no-one in sight in front of us and went on the third honk. He honked, got the jump on me before he beeped the third time, which let him spool up some, but we were neck and neck up to 100 when we let out.

Pretty cool to see a basically stock 6.4 hang with a and bigger turbo 6.7:ford:

Either way Good job Spar***:evil

jcain

Reaction score
A stock pumped 6.7 11-14 only has enough fuel for ~530-550rwhp. They weren't blessed with an overbuilt motor/air/fuel setup.

Turdchucker22

Reaction score
I was running the 275EL. So if Jcain is right, that would be why we were neck and neck, because we should be pretty close on the power I believe.

Black AOD

Reaction score
A stock pumped 6.7 11-14 only has enough fuel for ~530-550rwhp. They weren't blessed with an overbuilt motor/air/fuel setup.

At least 6.7s have motors that have amazing headflow and wonderful trannys and you don't have **** heads and valvetrain....

But the compounds and bottom end of a 6.4 are nice

johnp115

Reaction score
At least 6.7s have motors that have amazing headflow and wonderful trannys and you don't have **** heads and valvetrain....

But the compounds and bottom end of a 6.4 are nice

too bad they have spaghetti noodle rods though. it sucks the 6.4 bottom end strength didn't carry over into the 6.7... then we would have it realllll nice

BK39

Reaction score
Ya, feels good to know you have 2k in your set up, he has probably 9k in his. :D And yall were neck and neck.

BK39

Reaction score
Not sure, when I had my 6.4, I just did it all at once. CAI, D-lete, exhaust.

Black AOD

Reaction score
Yeah just about. Still need to get a CAI. Think it'll make that big of difference?

I always have personally believed a Good CAI (No Limit Intake), exhaust, tune and dlete, and a Crank Case re route kit will get you a long way on a 6.4.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
intake makes a HUGE difference on a 6.4!!! You won't believe the difference when you step up to a real inlet setup.

I only run No Limit, personally, but I utilize the OEM turbo elbow and CCV setup. Just have to buy a 4" boot or cut the NL elbow.

I've still yet to see how the OEM CCV setup is detrimental to a healthy engine. It's certainly never caused any issue on any of my or my friends' 6.4's

YMMV

78f100

Reaction score
intake makes a HUGE difference on a 6.4!!! You won't believe the difference when you step up to a real inlet setup.

I only run No Limit, personally, but I utilize the OEM turbo elbow and CCV setup. Just have to buy a 4" boot or cut the NL elbow.

I've still yet to see how the OEM CCV setup is detrimental to a healthy engine. It's certainly never caused any issue on any of my or my friends' 6.4's

YMMV

your sig is funny, everything you have on your truck is ******* LOL

6.4f350

Reaction score

YMMV

The only thing you gain is oil vapor not going through your intake, which isn't a huge deal IMO. The benefits of having a vacuum drawn on the crankcase far outweigh that though, again IMO.

sootie

Reaction score
The only thing you gain is oil vapor not going through your intake, which isn't a huge deal IMO. The benefits of having a vacuum drawn on the crankcase far outweigh that though, again IMO.

i assume you have never taken a motor apart that has has ccv run thru it its whole life? everything i mean EVERYTHING on the intake side is coasted in a thick black oily sludge. not only does it reduce passage size but it also hurts flow. That, in turn, effects spool up and egt.

Jonnydime

Reaction score
i assume you have never taken a motor apart that has has ccv run thru it its whole life? everything i mean EVERYTHING on the intake side is coasted in a thick black oily sludge. not only does it reduce passage size but it also hurts flow. That, in turn, effects spool up and egt.
I believe most of that is from the egr.

sootie

Reaction score
I believe most of that is from the egr.

thats true. i guess i usually ****** the egr and ccv at the same time LOL

it is most definitely ccv that coats the compressor wheel & housing tho

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
CCV definitely coats everything with a nice oily film... I just like the simplicity of not having to **** with it LOL

Plus I like not having to see/smell CC vapors. I know a lot of guys are running it to the exhaust pipe these days. I like the idea. But I hate the amount of effort involved LOL

Dzchey21

Reaction score
CCV definitely coats everything with a nice oily film... I just like the simplicity of not having to **** with it LOL

Plus I like not having to see/smell CC vapors. I know a lot of guys are running it to the exhaust pipe these days. I like the idea. But I hate the amount of effort involved LOL

I am with you 100% on this deal, I talked to a guy tho that did it in the exhaust and he said you can still see/smell it from the exhaust. I am going to let the engine eat that stuff lol

Dustball8504

Reaction score
I am with you 100% on this deal, I talked to a guy tho that did it in the exhaust and he said you can still see/smell it from the exhaust. I am going to let the engine eat that stuff lol

AGREED! I did a CCV reroute on mine and it is going back into the motor. Can't stand the smell of it sitting at a redlight idling.

Latest posts

Members online