So whats the biggest wheel being stuffed into stock LP turbo & still reliable?

TRUBBS

Reaction score
once our shop finally goes up & we get out lift Im looking to pull my cab to do studs and a few other things, wanting to do Bigger stock chargers to, looking to see how big i can get away with but still have it be somewhat reliable?

Ive heard a rumor that rudys was fitting 80mm wheels into it? any truth to this? without ever having one apart to see for myself id think having an 80 mm wheel to spin wouldnt last very long on the shaft/bearings, let alone how thin the comp cover might be?

devdiesel

Reaction score
I think the general consensus is that anything more than the 75/76 mm available is not the most reliable and of no benefit. If your running a stock appearing aftermarket hp turbo ( 59mm) you can only stuff so much through it.

TRUBBS

Reaction score
I think the general consensus is that anything more than the 75/76 mm available is not the most reliable and of no benefit. If your running a stock appearing aftermarket hp turbo ( 59mm) you can only stuff so much through it.

thats kinda what i was thinking, was planning on a 59/75 or 76 but wanted to check and see what the latest and greatest was.

whats the limit on injector size with stock HPFP? i wanted to do 30% but now keep hearing the pump wont last long with them?

johnp115

Reaction score
thats kinda what i was thinking, was planning on a 59/75 or 76 but wanted to check and see what the latest and greatest was.

whats the limit on injector size with stock HPFP? i wanted to do 30% but now keep hearing the pump wont last long with them?

The limit with injector size on the stock hpfp is stock nozzles. Anything more and you have to de tune to keep pw.

devdiesel

Reaction score
I say a 75 from RCD is the way to go because of the larger turbine but they both work well from what everyone has said. I can only say from personal experience with a RCD 72 but it's a little different application than most and it straight up rips with good tuning, dual pumps and 60's.... And your going to get lots of mixed reviews on the nozzels story. I say anything bigger than stock you go dual pumps but others have done different and made it work for a while

TRUBBS

Reaction score
how much difference is there between going from a 71 to say a 73 or 75mm? paird with the 59

sootie

Reaction score
iI noticed a decent bump in power going from a 71 to a 73 and then again when i added a 59 to my 73.

anything bigger than a 73mm atmo is a waste on stock fuel. That being said, a 59mm hp will give you an additional 30hp respectively with with any 71mm+ atmo

Latest posts

Members online