The Singled Out Build

Jonnydime

Reaction score
I'm confused are you telling me to get factory honed injector nozzles?

RCD will hone out factory nozzles to whatever size you want. From what I was told the factory nozzles are higher quality. And having them flowed and balanced is always a good idea. I had 5 remans that were out of spec.

devdiesel

Reaction score
Don't know about the nozzle side of it, I bought nozzles through Morgan so I'm not sure what brand he sells... I can say getting the assembled injectors flowed is worth while. I bought all new injectors from ford for my build and 3 were out of spec and replaced

Mattf1987

Reaction score
Don't know about the nozzle side of it, I bought nozzles through Morgan so I'm not sure what brand he sells... I can say getting the assembled injectors flowed is worth while. I bought all new injectors from ford for my build and 3 were out of spec and replaced

How were your 3 injectors replaced? What did you do to correct the 3 injectors? Buy 3 more new ones?!

webb06

Reaction score
What is higher quality about the nozzles?

If you already have new injectors, from ford, send them to rcd to be flowed, honed to whatever size you want, and balanced. It's the only way to do it. Jared will hook you up with whatever you need.

Like everyone has said you'll be happier knowing everything is 100%.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mattf1987

Reaction score
If you already have new injectors, from ford, send them to rcd to be flowed, honed to whatever size you want, and balanced. It's the only way to do it. Jared will hook you up with whatever you need.

Like everyone has said you'll be happier knowing everything is 100%.

Can you guys explain to me what the downside/negatives are of using nozzles that are not factory extrude honed from rcd?

webb06

Reaction score
Can you guys explain to me what the downside/negatives are of using nozzles that are not factory extrude honed from rcd?

A much more precise job. The machine rcd has is top of the line. The main reason I did it is to know 100% that all injectors are working properly and contributing equally to the performance of the engine.

Mattf1987

Reaction score
And how much does this cost to get done? I talked to Jared earlier and I may be confused. I thought he told me 85$ and injector just to balance them and then the flow charge.

webb06

Reaction score
And how much does this cost to get done? I talked to Jared earlier and I may be confused. I thought he told me 85$ and injector just to balance them and then the flow charge.

I believe that's correct to flow and balance. But it'll be more to hone the nozzles that are currently on the injectors.

Reaction score
Thanks Morgan. Ps I have my eyes on your dual fueler kit.

Lmk buddy!

Ok, there is nothing wrong with the nozzles you have. But having them flowed and balanced after nozzle install makes them run much more smoothly and you will know they are right and not off 10% across the board because of imbalance.

Mattf1987

Reaction score
Lmk buddy!

Ok, there is nothing wrong with the nozzles you have. But having them flowed and balanced after nozzle install makes them run much more smoothly and you will know they are right and not off 10% across the board because of imbalance.

Thanks for your input morgan I will send them out to get flowed and balanced shortly.

webb06

Reaction score
Does anybody happen to know if I can get my precision stallion converter re stalled?

Ya just give them a call like said. Or you can also go online and fill out the form and ship it in. Either way you'll have to fill out the form online.

webb06

Reaction score
Thanks guys, how much does that run by chance?

$585 ish. I just had mine restalled a few months back and that's what I was charged. Plus the cost to ship it to them

Last edited:

Mattf1987

Reaction score
Looks like I may need heads, mine have a few valves guides that are very worn, who's heads do y'all usually use? I had a friend of mine suggest ucf. They sell complete re maned heads o ringed with the harder seats installed for 1950. I think oem ones are 1k brand new.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Looks like I may need heads, mine have a few valves guides that are very worn, who's heads do y'all usually use? I had a friend of mine suggest ucf. They sell complete re maned heads o ringed with the harder seats installed for 1950. I think oem ones are 1k brand new.
might ask Morgan@Midwest Diesel & Auto

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online