Auto Enginuity Problems Version 13.1

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
I went out to check codes on my 6.4 and AE won't pull enhanced codes or show any pids. Version 13.1

AE loads up normal click on enhanced power train,pulls the trucks vin finds all enhanced sensors. (All lights on the connector light up and ford enhanced bundle is activated.)

Check for dtc's AE scans all modules and only codes under generic powertrain banner comes up.

All the rest say "no codes received" even under the enhanced powertrain banner. (I know codes are present) dashdaq pulls and show pids just fine.

Go to look at any pids click on them and they only show "0"'s even battery voltage.

Also under the actuation tab if you try command something like VGTDC it will say "security access denied please check connection or reconnect to controller".

Tried to delete and reinstall and same problem.

Tried a different USB wire.

Re stared the PC

Run AE as admin.

Tried it on my other 6.4 and same problem.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

MossBack

Reaction score
Are you using windows 8.1? I never heard if they fixed the security with the USB that affected AE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Are you using windows 8.1? I never heard if they fixed the security with the USB that affected AE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup windows 8.1 I never had these problems until now the connector is the newer proline connector. I bought it brand new from Riffraff in 2013 could the connector be dead?

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Same problem I had. I called AE and they sent me version 13.1.1 and had me run the software in XP mode - problem solved.

I emailed them last night but I didn't mention if they had 13.1.1 I wonder if they will email me 13.1.1 if not I will just ask them. I just updated to 13.1 a few days ago LOL.

Members online

No members online now.