Exhaust question.

6fourstroker

Reaction score
Today I am installing DP back 5inch with bungs flow pro system on my 6.4 .. This system has 2 bungs in the mid pipe and I was wondering if I could or should get the EGT sensor from my dpf and use it? Currently the only EGT sensor I have is tapped into a block off plate at the Egr provision of the up-pipe right behind the turbos..

DWhite

Reaction score
Yeah it already reads egts from the sensor on up pipes so no reason to have it in exhaust.

DWhite

Reaction score
Alrighty thanks guys!! On another note, have you guys heard anything about or used the aero turbine muffler?? The one that supposedly pulls exhaust and gives better MPG, lower egt's?

I had one on my old 7.3 and to me it was nothing special just a muffler. I got one when they first was coming out cause all the hype but once it was installed it is just another muffler.

I don't recommend doing the switch cause it will throw a code everytime. It can be turned off at idle with custom tunes.

6fourstroker

Reaction score
How do ya do the switch mod that turns off the vgt??

Man I can't remember really. I'd have to look at it..

I had one on my old 7.3 and to me it was nothing special just a muffler. I got one when they first was coming out cause all the hype but once it was installed it is just another muffler.

I don't recommend doing the switch cause it will throw a code everytime. It can be turned off at idle with custom tunes.

Did the muffler change the tone much?

And I'd rather do it with the tuning actually.. Can gearhead do that with MCC on mini maxx? I hate flipping that switch back and forth.. It doesn't always throw the code though.. At least not for me..

08Monster

Reaction score
Lol billet 366 single turbo kit from Cody@ATP, no limit intake, custom tuning through Cody, 4in DP and 5in the rest of the way.

6fourstroker

Reaction score
Studded???? How much Hp to the wheels??? I've got s&b intake, rcd Egr delete, 4" down pipe 5" the rest back and gearhead tunes that I run on street that's supposed to be 500 to the wheels.. Just installed a twin disk to hold the power..

6fourstroker

Reaction score
Oh nice.. Hell everyone has me scared of getting that high up for fear of stretching the studs

08Monster

Reaction score
I ain't too scared. If I pop the gaskets, I pop the gaskets, I'll worry about it when it happens. Lol

Latest posts

Members online