What clutch?

6fourstroker

Reaction score
I think you will be happy with your purchases (not that Valair would have been a bad choice either). I assume you went with the 3250?

Thanks, I think I will too.. I'm sure the Valair would have been just as good or better.. However the SBC will do just fine given my budget and how I plan to use the truck.. And yes, the 3250 ..

6fourstroker

Reaction score
Alright, Got my clutch done! Now I can't get my clutch pedal to be full.. I pulled the slave and bled it by holding it vertical and pumped the rod repeatedly with the reservoir lid off.. Had someone watching the bubbles.. They stopped so I put it back in and had to pump the pedal for 5 minutes or so to even get a half pedal.. What's the best way to get this back to full? And the clutch grabs nearly right off the bottom? Perhaps bc I don't have a full pedal?

CAT35niner

Reaction score
Sounds like it's still air bound. I never had that issue before with mine. I gonna say continue to bleed it. Must have a air pocket in it. That's most likely the reason why it's grabbing so soon.

6fourstroker

Reaction score
Sounds like it's still air bound. I never had that issue before with mine. I gonna say continue to bleed it. Must have a air pocket in it. That's most likely the reason why it's grabbing so soon.

That's kind of what I was thinking.. Guess I'll just repeat the process..
Do you think pulling the reservoir cover off and pumping the pedal would do anything?

CAT35niner

Reaction score
I would think it would just push the fluid right out if you did that. How many miles on the truck? I put a new system on when I did mine last. Made a world of a difference and there's no bleeding with a new one.

6fourstroker

Reaction score
I would think it would just push the fluid right out if you did that. How many miles on the truck? I put a new system on when I did mine last. Made a world of a difference and there's no bleeding with a new one.

93,460 miles.. Everyone I talked to said my hydros should be good.. Idk.. I was just out in it for an hour or so and it was back and forth. Near full pedal then barely any.. Then it went to full for a little while.. Did you just get factory?

CAT35niner

Reaction score
That's strange for it to work then not. Kinda says the hydro is bad to me if everything else was installed properly. And yea I just got a factory one since there is not an aftermarket one out there. Got mine right from Brittain at sunrise ford.

6fourstroker

Reaction score
That's strange for it to work then not. Kinda says the hydro is bad to me if everything else was installed properly. And yea I just got a factory one since there is not an aftermarket one out there. Got mine right from Brittain at sunrise ford.

Ok.. I bled it again today and it's been better.. Hasn't fell to the floor yet.. Probably order one from sunrise anyway.. Still doesn't seem to be as full of a pedal as before

CAT35niner

Reaction score
Well Atleast it's better. It must've gotten a lot of air in it. If you get a new one it'll be a good investment. Just peace of mind it's done with the clutch.

6fourstroker

Reaction score
Well Atleast it's better. It must've gotten a lot of air in it. If you get a new one it'll be a good investment. Just peace of mind it's done with the clutch.

Yea I hear ya.. The second time I bled it a ton came out.. Just drove an hour or so and it seems to be better.. Probably still gonna get a new one.. Was it a PITA to install?

I fought bleeding mine the first time, the second time I put in a new unit.

Yea it's a bitch for sure.

CAT35niner

Reaction score
Yea I hear ya.. The second time I bled it a ton came out.. Just drove an hour or so and it seems to be better.. Probably still gonna get a new one.. Was it a PITA to install?

Take the left side inner fender out and the job isn't bad at all. Did mine in maybe 30 minutes.

CAT35niner

Reaction score
I don't use the e word but it's pretty simple LOL. Seems whenever I say easy it never turns out to be. Best part about the new one is it comes filled. No bleeding.

6fourstroker

Reaction score
I don't use the e word but it's pretty simple LOL. Seems whenever I say easy it never turns out to be. Best part about the new one is it comes filled. No bleeding.

Lol yea like someone told me the EGR delete was EASY.. HA

Latest posts