6.4 pull truck mild build

TY'S08FX4

Reaction score
New to the forum but have been following for a few years, thought id post up a build thread in hopes to get a bit of help along the way.
Going for a single turbo build for a 2.8 pulling class in central Ontario,Canada. Class is named Pro-street diesel, pretty much same rules as most 2.6 classes in the states but with a 2.8 turbo limit bushings allowed. Not planning on winning any pulls with this build just looking to bring something new to the class as it consists of about 15 trucks at the moment, mostly dodge, 3 duramax's and 1 7.3 powerstroke lol
Build list so far is:
-MPD luxury single turbo kit with 72mm turbo
-MPD regulated return fuel system with fuel bowl delete
-No Limits intake
-Flycut and ceramic coated HD pistons
-Colt cams stage 2 cam with upgraded pushrods, springs and new oem lifters
-TCS 5r110 overhaul kit with HD input shaft
-RCD or precision torque converter with slightly higher stall
-Elite or Suncoast billet flex plate
-Mishimoto intercooler
-Electric fan set up
-ATI damper
Along with the other mods I already have in my sig.
Basically looking for a daily driver/weekend pull truck, will be on stock injectors for this coming season till I can afford a dual pump set-up and some 60% nozzles from mpd.
Heres a few pics of the truck.
DSC00819_zps141804af.jpg

When I first got her.

DSC02156_zpsf6c3662b.jpg

DSC02771_zps25b70e21.jpg

DSC02889_zps5923e9ca.jpg

Pulling tires and wheel set up

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated guys!

Last edited:

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
What class will you be pulling?

From the original post...

Going for a single turbo build for a 2.8 pulling class in central Ontario,Canada. Class is named Pro-street diesel, pretty much same rules as most 2.6 classes in the states but with a 2.8 turbo limit bushings allowed. Not planning on winning any pulls with this build just looking to bring something new to the class as it consists of about 15 trucks at the moment, mostly dodge, 3 duramax's and 1 7.3 powerstroke lol

TY'S08FX4

Reaction score
Progress so far
DSC02956_zpsade8b941.jpg

Working out of a fairly small 2 car garage lol everythings removed top side just struggling with some seized cab bolts and front driveshaft bolts at the moment but hope to have the motor and trans pulled soon so I can dig into the motor and start ordering some parts!

6.4strokin

Reaction score
looks good looking forward for more pics. IM going to be working on my truck the same wayfrom the front.

TY'S08FX4

Reaction score
looks good looking forward for more pics. IM going to be working on my truck the same wayfrom the front.

Didn't know I had to lift the cab up a few inches till a buddy from a local diesel shop told me I had to too get the motor out lol pulled a few mustang motors before but this is my first diesel motor, been a lot easier then when I did the head studs cab on on this truck.

Diesel23

Reaction score
Very cool , good luck with your build and welcome to the site ,

very interested in the 2014 schedule , ill be up for vacation fishing june 25 - july4th but would leave the lake for some diesel pulls , ill be in vermillion bay how far away are the pulls from that area? Thx

TY'S08FX4

Reaction score
Very cool , good luck with your build and welcome to the site ,

very interested in the 2014 schedule , ill be up for vacation fishing june 25 - july4th but would leave the lake for some diesel pulls , ill be in vermillion bay how far away are the pulls from that area? Thx

Pretty far by the looks of it, most pulls are in the greater Toronto area maybe the furthest reaching too North Bay, Ontario ,but still a good few hours from vermillion bay.

TY'S08FX4

Reaction score
Pic from last pulling season you guys might like
grandvalleypull2013_zpsaffadbfc.jpg

Cant see the smoke that well but it would make the crowd disappear on the right side of the track lol

89xj

Reaction score
The second time I pulled my motor out I did it cab on. I pretty much did an 8x8" wood "body lift" to get enough clearance to get it out, turbos on. Glad to see another 6-4 getting built around here. I saw your truck at the pulls this year. Mine was supposed to be completed this spring. But I just had to build a trans for the dually so that set me back a bit. (dd overrides toy truck) lol. Your goin straight to pro street eh? Might as well as its guaranteed a pay out an 99% of the rules are the same as the "local" class now. Look forward to seeing it.

TY'S08FX4

Reaction score
The second time I pulled my motor out I did it cab on. I pretty much did an 8x8" wood "body lift" to get enough clearance to get it out, turbos on. Glad to see another 6-4 getting built around here. I saw your truck at the pulls this year. Mine was supposed to be completed this spring. But I just had to build a trans for the dually so that set me back a bit. (dd overrides toy truck) lol. Your goin straight to pro street eh? Might as well as its guaranteed a pay out an 99% of the rules are the same as the "local" class now. Look forward to seeing it.

Thanks, and Yea i've seen your truck around the other season, i think we pretty much have the same truck minus a few differences haha and yea i was going to pull the new local/workstock class but i decided i'd bring something a little different to pro street for a change, like i said i dont plan on winning any pulls but it will still catch some attention away from all the dodges lol

Oil Field Trash

Reaction score
Sounds like just showing up and hooking will get you a lot of attention. Soils build plans and nice truck!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online