Mini Maxx Download Error

wjamesm

Reaction score
Finally decided to do an update on my mini maxx, it's been at least 2-3 years since i updated it . i had to get a new Micro sd card as mine somehow got lost , So i bought a new 2g Sandisk micro sd card . And proceded to do the update . The H&S updater formatted to card and the thing that confused me when i hit the drop down menu to select which unit i had there are 2 Mini Maxx choices , My tuner is an off road one , and i saw there was a mini maxx street so i assume the other two were off road . Well i downloaded the top mini maxx choice first . everything downloaded okay , went to the truck and selected install and got---- Unrecognized part #
8U20CG0
Call H&S tech support
So then i went back to the computer and formatted the disk myself and then went back to the H&S web site and downloaded the lower mini maxx choice . out to the truck and the same thing came up .Gonna call H&S on tuesday , but when i tried to search there site and the web to see if this problem has come up before but came up empty .

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Finally decided to do an update on my mini maxx, it's been at least 2-3 years since i updated it . i had to get a new Micro sd card as mine somehow got lost , So i bought a new 2g Sandisk micro sd card . And proceded to do the update . The H&S updater formatted to card and the thing that confused me when i hit the drop down menu to select which unit i had there are 2 Mini Maxx choices , My tuner is an off road one , and i saw there was a mini maxx street so i assume the other two were off road . Well i downloaded the top mini maxx choice first . everything downloaded okay , went to the truck and selected install and got---- Unrecognized part #
8U20CG0
Call H&S tech support
So then i went back to the computer and formatted the disk myself and then went back to the H&S web site and downloaded the lower mini maxx choice . out to the truck and the same thing came up .Gonna call H&S on tuesday , but when i tried to search there site and the web to see if this problem has come up before but came up empty .

what number do you plan to call ?

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
you need to download the entire SD card, look in the 64FORD folder for a file with that name. copy/paste it to the 64 folder on your card, and you're in business

wjamesm

Reaction score
The mini maxx had a phone number under the code . it was 1-888-628-1730 . I called it just to see and i got a recording saying that there business hours were 9-5 mountian time so it must still be a good number

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
No sweat. On page eleven of the update instructions, it has a link to download the entire card, but you only need that one file copied over

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
Or shoot me your email and I'll send it to you. The full download can take a while if you're out in the sticks

wjamesm

Reaction score
Thanks , i got it to work . I set it up for performance . whats everybody do for low boost fueling and trans setup ? I want to try to get the best mileage i can

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
I can't stand anything over level 1 on low boost fueling.

I prefer Shift schedule 2 with a medium shift point.

Latest posts

Members online