leaky upipe how hard to fix?

powerjoker12

Reaction score
This morning when I started my truck I could hear an exhaust leak. I crawled under it and looked and the seal between the upipe and manifold is leaking on the passenger side. How hard is it to fix?

Last edited:

Stroked777

Reaction score
Depends. So you have an after market 2 piece down pipe? I'm not sure if it can be done with a stock down pipe but I imagine that you can loosen then three nuts and and the top bolts and move the up pipe off the studs and then pull the gasket off. But I'm not sure if there is enough room with the stock Dp to get it off enough to clear the studs

CT9AIX

Reaction score
Well you said the seal between the manifold and up pipe is leaking. I'm going to assume you can replace that gasket without removing entire up pipe? I've never tried it personally, but can't see why it couldn't be done?

Cknox121

Reaction score
Remove the nut, remove the studs, slide a new gasket it. That is, if you don't break a stud.

Sent from my cracked iPhone using Tapatalk

CT9AIX

Reaction score
Make sure to use antisieze when putting everything back together! That stuff is worth it's weight in gold!

powerjoker12

Reaction score
Well I finally had time to really get up under the truck and look I actually a have cracked upipe

Attachments

• Snapchat--3959042335284516566.jpg
    Snapchat--3959042335284516566.jpg
    323.7 KB · Views: 73

Stroked777

Reaction score
Now that can be a pain in the ass. Either you have to take the trans out or you need a two piece down pipe and remove that to give you the room you need. I did it by removing my down pipe and it wasn't too bad. But removing the trans is much easier and gives you more room

powerjoker12

Reaction score
it has a two piece down pipe. The upipes are only a year old i talked to the shop that put them in and they are going to warranty them so i dont have to do it after all!

Latest posts

Members online