My auto to ZF6 swap

nickg3130

Reaction score
Big thanks to my buddy Morgan for the help with the CPP switch last night and today, couldn't of done it without him, the swap is officially done boys, truck is a blast to drive, still getting used to the manual but it feels great to drive it again, videos and write up to come later

Awesome man. Im excited to hear how you like it with the single. Glad you got it done and while doing a hell of a job at it!

brooksfruge

Reaction score
Awesome man. Im excited to hear how you like it with the single. Glad you got it done and while doing a hell of a job at it!
Definitely was a challenging project so CONGRATS on wrapping this thing up.
Congratulations!

Thanks guys. It's been one hell of a project but was definitely worth it after bangin gears in my truck last night and today. The short throw was a little tricky at first when it came to grabbing gears but I've figured it out now with some experience. The clutch is great, not too grabby around town, quiet for a dual disc, pedal pressure is not too bad, and has held everything I've thrown at it. Did a pull in overdrive last night to see if my single would pull in the minder on my new no limit bling bling and to see how the clutch would hold. Felt solid all the way through the pull, made around 43 lbs of boost on my 66 and egts didn't go over 1250*. Egts are great around town as well, averaging probably around 800*. The single spools great with the manual even with loosing boost during shifts. For those wondering I'm running gearheads street tune but plan on getting him to write me a bigger tune soon for when Morgan and I hit up the dyno for some numbers on our builds. Been busy with school but ill have some vids of the truck and the write up on what's all required for the swap soon!

Last edited:

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Awesome man! Congrats and welcome to the small percentage of manual guys. It must be quite a relief to finally be DONE. Truck looks and sounds good by the way, nice ride. Now get us some dyno numbers!

Carter69

Reaction score
Hey got any videos or info on what all you did and what wires you had to join together to trick the computer ?

06cummins59

Reaction score
Doing this swap on and 06 6.0 truck, any idea how to make this truck start and the t case shift into 4low?? Any help greatly appreciated!!!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Latest posts