#2 cylinder misfire/contribution

League

Reaction score
I have an 08 f350 egr ***/****** and just had a #2 cylinder contribution/fault. And #2 cylinder misfire. Had a compression test done everything was good. Just Changed out injector on cylinder#2 and same issue.
At idle is when I have noticed it do it. It seems like the code will show up and the truck hasn’t missed a beat while other time is smokes and runs like crap. If I shut the truck off when it’s having the misfire/contribution and restart It runs perfect. Any idea what could be wrong or what I should look at next?
Thanks.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Did you reset fuel tables after injector replacement? Make sure the injector connector isnt damaged? Make sure its plugged in the right way (they will eventually plug in upside down :doh:). Did you check for debris in the fuel system? Check the rocker arm, it wont always show up on a relative compression test.

League

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply!
No never reset fuel table. Oops. How is this done?
Fuel system is clean. Double checked connection and connector everything was good. Had a quick look at the rocker and never noticed anything out of the ordinary.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Fuel tables are reset with a god scan tool. Ids does it. The snap on stuff may do it, im not real sure on any others.

sootie

Reaction score
When you have ids on the truck, go to the power balance screen and turn the compensation off for cylinder 2. (that is the hashtag button). See if the truck runs rough with it disabled. If it doesnt run rough, pull out the crank position sensor and stick a bore scope in the hole while someone bars the engine over. Check for a loose or bent tone ring on the crank.

League

Reaction score
Finally had time off to get the truck in to Have the fuel tables reset and it worked great for the hour trip home and the half hour idling. Shut it off for the afternoon went to fire it back up and same problem sputtering cylinder 2 contribution/misfire. What next? Thanks.

League

Reaction score
Would this be intermittent or would it do it all the time? Cause this does it randomly. Only sputter and coughs when idling. Runs perfect when on the throttle.

Latest posts