Gearhead tunes

sootie

Reaction score
Bringing back an old thread. I am finally getting around to the tuning on my second 6.4. I switched the CAI, exhaust, and MMax from my first 6.4.
The tuner needed updating before it would work on new truck. I had got it updated just prior to the H&S site closing down. I’ve been running their canned tunes since. Time to get some better tunes. I had run the KEM 345 exclusively on my last truck and Mike was great to deal with.
The GHead tuning comes across on here as highly regarded. Any advice, suggestions, feedback now that these tunes have more miles?
Thanks in advance....
Never ever use KEM tunes. Gear head all the way for six fours

Jsexton

Reaction score
What is your opinion on this... it's a 6.4 dual pumps 30% nozzled 467.7 with built trans 2600 stall.. sct tuner...
1.. with one companies tune their is injector rattle that a crazy loud at 1856rpm and the trans makes a fluid swishing sound in 4 to 4lock... but runs awsome at top end when charger builds boost...
2. Now this tune is from a different company.. their is no injector rattle at all and no fluid swishing sound while shifting strong down low but a little weaker on the top end...

I guess my main question I like the top end power of the first tune and I like the low in power of the second tune... with the low end power is their potential for damage to the motor..... I really wish I can have the best of both tunes

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
well, gear head tunes have alot of injector rattle. dunno why, just do.

as for the fluid swishing sound, I'm unsure of just what your talking bout. can't say as I know what that is.

I have had gear head tunes for many years think around 10-13 years something like that, they just work.

Be thorough on your description on whats done to your truck, tell him how you use your truck, and let him write you a file. you cannot give him/her to much information on whats done to your truck and how you use it. the more thorough you are with your description up front, the closer it will be to how you want it the first time and the fewer tweaks will be needed to get it just right.

regardless who's tunes you go with, it's highly unlikely its going to be exactly how you want it the first time you get them. just be prepared to work with your tuner, whoever you decide to go with, a few times to get them just right.

every truck is different. all tuners have their own "baseline" tune they send out, tweaked a little bit based on your description of your truck and it's uses, but to really get it right for your truck it might take a few tweaks.

dont think because it's not perfect the first time that the tuner or guy tuning it is no good, garbage, or doesn't know what he's doing.

Bigshow

Reaction score
Be thorough on your description on whats done to your truck, tell him how you use your truck, and let him write you a file. you cannot give him/her to much information on whats done to your truck and how you use it. the more thorough you are with your description up front, the closer it will be to how you want it the first time and the fewer tweaks will be needed to get it just right.

regardless who's tunes you go with, it's highly unlikely its going to be exactly how you want it the first time you get them. just be prepared to work with your tuner, whoever you decide to go with, a few times to get them just right.

every truck is different. all tuners have their own "baseline" tune they send out, tweaked a little bit based on your description of your truck and it's uses, but to really get it right for your truck it might take a few tweaks.

dont think because it's not perfect the first time that the tuner or guy tuning it is no good, garbage, or doesn't know what he's doing.

Solid advice right there!
On my 6.0 I worked with Eric at ********** to tweak the tuning.
Mike at KEM did the same on my 6.4

Latest posts

Members online