Anybody ever had to change the oil pan on a 6.2?

Eamon

Reaction score
I realize this is not the right place for this and I’ll probably hear about it but I don’t belong to a 6.2 forum. I’m hoping one of you Ford techs can chime in on this. A buddy of mine bought a 2015 F250 with the 6.2 and while trying to change his oil last night he poked a hole in his pan. We can’t find anything online about what it’s going to take to replace it. I crawled under there and it looks like it’s going to be close but it probably won’t clear the cross member and transmission without jacking up the motor. Anybody done this before?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

08Monster

Reaction score
Let me check my books, I'll get a time and rough idea of what it will entail.

Personally I would weld the pan

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

08Monster

Reaction score
I realize this is not the right place for this and I’ll probably hear about it but I don’t belong to a 6.2 forum. I’m hoping one of you Ford techs can chime in on this. A buddy of mine bought a 2015 F250 with the 6.2 and while trying to change his oil last night he poked a hole in his pan. We can’t find anything online about what it’s going to take to replace it. I crawled under there and it looks like it’s going to be close but it probably won’t clear the cross member and transmission without jacking up the motor. Anybody done this before?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
6.5hrs,

It calls for:
Removing intake manifold
Unbolting motor mounts
Unbolting trans mounts
Raising up engine and trans as an assembly with everything still connected a few inches for clearance.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online