"Crude Intentions" Build

Oil Field Trash

Reaction score
8a2f0abec45b2a206ed793b04b4a4897.jpg

Only thing left is to install the waste gate, sump, and Fass. I'm getting there slowly. Seems I get 3 steps forward and have to take 2 steps back.

Oil Field Trash

Reaction score
Finally got finished with the cab off to do list. We set the cab and hooked up steering & breaks. Then I hauled it the hour drive from Mike's Diesel to my house, where I'll finish it up.

Oil Field Trash

Reaction score
19e38ba59337638497c2905dc3541b53.jpg

2099c701cdace31be182b87401d7599f.jpg

Have to run the wiring harness for the Fass, make the return lineso for the Fass and the fuel block, and dump oil/coolant in it. Then it's ready to fire. Still a laundry list of small things to do, but I just wanna hear it run!

Oil Field Trash

Reaction score
So how does everyone run their return lines?I have one off the fass and one off the distribution block on the engine, since I ******d the fuel bowl. I had thought about bringing the return from the block back by the Fass and either use a T or a Y* and tie them together and send it back to the return on the sump.Other idea was return one to the sump and one to the oem return on the top of the tank.

shmoozer

Reaction score
I just did this with my 6 liter. I used the original feed on the top of the tank. I'd think you could use either one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oil Field Trash

Reaction score
I just did this with my 6 liter. I used the original feed on the top of the tank. I'd think you could use either one.

I was gonna look into that but that oem style quick release was gonna be a pain to find. I decided the return on the sump got the one from the block and I'm gonna return the fass to the filler neck

shmoozer

Reaction score
I pushed the hose on and used a hose clamp. Made my 1000 mile trip home after with no issues lol

Oil Field Trash

Reaction score
i hope he pulled you over for being awesome .
Loose connection on the passenger side headlight. It was out when I passed him the 2nd time. Then he asked where my rear bumper or roll pan was.

He was totally cool about it after I told him we were on a test run from a brand new build. He said be safe and keep plugging along on the build.

Oh and Mike I PM'ED your FB business page last week about a new intake elbow. I'm not worry about it now but I'd like to figure out what I need Monday morning.

shmoozer

Reaction score
I'd call that a pretty good achievement. Getting let off because the cop likes what're building is something else to be proud of too lol

Oil Field Trash

Reaction score
I'd call that a pretty good achievement. Getting let off because the cop likes what're building is something else to be proud of too lol

Soon as he walked up I had both hands on the wheel, stated I had a CPL, and was aware my passenger side headlight was out. And he was really relaxed about it. All about respect man. We talked and I told him to stay safe.

shmoozer

Reaction score
Amazing how far a little bit of respect will go.

Latest posts

Members online