Inner radiator shroud

Shafer171

Reaction score
Since I will be cutting part of it off for my dual fueler set up why not just remove it all together? Any cons to not having it?

Jonnydime

Reaction score
Do you like not overheating? That shroud directs the air where it needs for optimal cooling by only letting air in thru the radiator. If it wasn't there the fan would just pull air from wherever.

Shafer171

Reaction score
That's why i posed the question. I know a lot of 6.0 guys get rid of it without issues-I didn't run it on my 6.0. Just wondering if the same applies here.

White_monster

Reaction score
Your referring to the ring that's bolted to the engine right?that ring can come off but not the shroud. The ring supports the shroud and is the mounting for the fan clutch wiring harness.

Shafer171

Reaction score
Yes Midwest kit and yes I'm referring to the ring that mounts to the engine and is nothing but a pain in the a$$

Jonnydime

Reaction score
I don't remember really having to cut that much. I will take a look in the morning.

Shafer171

Reaction score
I'm going to remove it or I should say I'm not going to put it beck on when I put the truck back together. Also looking at the bulletproof mechanical fan kit for the 6.0, wondering why this wouldn't work on the 6.4

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.