What to do...

hersixfour

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Chels here (08sixfour12), I forgot my password and my old e-mail account is totally inaccessible SO I created a new account on PSA :thumb up: For those of you who don't know me, I'm the girl who had the big lifted black and pink duramax (Girlymaxx) lol

Haven't posted in here for a while, but I need some advice as I'm at a crossroads with my truck. It's an 08 6.4 job 1...I think. It has 240,000km (150,000miles for you muricans), 4" down pipe back FloPro, gear head tuning (which I freakin love), Volant intake, I have yet to install my Sinister EGR kit :doh: but I have it!!

Current "problems" with it are that I have an impending oil cooler problem, my SCT monitor is showing that my deltas are wayyyyy out to lunch but my truck runs fine (never over heats or even mildly shows signs of oil cooler failure), I just started getting a oil pressure light on my dash beside the ODO when I slow down (it goes away when throttle is applied) and comes on randomly from time to time but everything oil related is fine (I was told it's the oil pressure switch... Which I have and have to install) AND I think my EGR is using coolant (I know, gotta put that in). Gotta replace a belt tensioner (no big deal) and have an ABS sensor sh**ting the bed but I can deal with that.

So anyways, I've been thinking of selling my truck essentially because I don't want to deal with the oil cooler failure doomsday thats approaching, and I know that I should probably do my rocker arms/lifters as well. I was thinking of buying an LB7 duramax upon selling my truck but I reallllyyyyy don't want to go back in time since I love my 08's interior, love the truck and just like having a "newer" truck with actual technology in it... I realize LB7s have injector problems but the truck I'm looking at, is actually my fathers and is SUPER clean.. But I know what some of you might say... Jump from one doom to the next...

SO I'm here... Asking for opinions because I'm stuck at a crossroads.
A) Keep my 6.4, throw a tonne of money into it, make it last
OR
B) Sell it and get something else ?

here's a current photo of it,
I take care of her.
11779854_383889445142125_6516714553051011586_o.jpg

Thank you in advance :)

sootie

Reaction score
Those repairs you listed are pretty minor. I would do them and keep rocking the six four. Wait for a failure to dig into the motor

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Fix it. The repairs won't be that bad. Oil cooler is no big deal. And beautiful truck by the way. Very clean looking the way its done up.

Rubenk

Reaction score
If you cant afford those relatively minor repairs to the 6.4 then dont switch to another modern diesel. Just trading one set of potential problems for another IMO.

Keep it, fix it, rock out.

Or

Get out of the diesel circus entirely.

Latest posts

Members online