Going to try this out.

Mike@MPD

Reaction score
Run a coolant hose. Cut the plastic one close to the end and clamp it to the rubber hose. That's what I did

78f100

Reaction score
Run a coolant hose. Cut the plastic one close to the end and clamp it to the rubber hose. That's what I did

Mine is the same also. Been like that since I built it with no problems.
A plug with a barb would be great all those line get brittle.

Jonnydime

Reaction score
Took the truck around the block and came back with 2 codes. p179a which is from the vgt actuator not being there and p2263 turbocharger/supercharger performance. Should I be worried about the p2263 code?

ckrueg

Reaction score
I think you can turn off codes with mcc. I remember seeing an list of a ton of codes you could disable

Dzchey21

Reaction score
You can turn both codes off if you like with MCC. The code is just there because back pressure isnt being met and the vgt open circuit. Not a huge deal.

Jonnydime

Reaction score
So I have been driving around with this combo for a week now and so far the experience has been mostly pleasant. Right now my only problem is I have way too much fuel down low since I am running basic tuning. I tried the Gearhead files I was using prior to my build but it was fueling too hard down low so right now I am running H&S mild tuning with the low boost fueling at zero and it is slightly better. Any day now I should be getting some custom files from Gearhead and hope things get much better. Spool up seems to be good with the exception of the smoke. Off idle I have 5psi by 1000rpm and by 1500 can be up to 10. Also the truck seems much quicker off the line but I have not pushed the truck past 25psi because of the smoke output and high egts. After I get my new tunes I will update again.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
the plugs will be awesome with an fittings for sure.

Cool build hope you get the tuning dialed int

Latest posts

Members online