Finishing Steve's Abandoned Project

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Will the newer f150 paddle mirrors line up? They are pretty square may flow better than the rounded SD ones.

That's what we were going to do. I stole the idea from Unbroken. Use 650/750 mirror blank plates and glass in the 150 mirrors. It would look awesome.

HOOV3R

Reaction score
Chances of finding someone to actually do good glasswork around here and make that work is very slim.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I have a set of mirrors i was going to try that with.

The only issue i see its not really fiberglass work since its plastic mirrors and blanks. I think the better option would be a high build epoxy or something. Im not that great with fiberglass but i know on some of the stuff we have done in the shop here it doesn't always play well with plastic. Its fine with woods and metals but plastics it doesn't seam to stick to. Maybe I am missing something on that tho.

HOOV3R

Reaction score
I have a set of mirrors i was going to try that with.

The only issue i see its not really fiberglass work since its plastic mirrors and blanks. I think the better option would be a high build epoxy or something. Im not that great with fiberglass but i know on some of the stuff we have done in the shop here it doesn't always play well with plastic. Its fine with woods and metals but plastics it doesn't seam to stick to. Maybe I am missing something on that tho.

You are correct. I actually took a fiberglass class back in college. We used a 3M 2 part epoxy in the big 3M powered applicator when working with plastics(3M Automix Plastic and Bumper Repair). Definitely not something I really want to do myself.

I also have a set of Excursion nemo mirrors with turn and heat if you want. Just pay the shipping.

I have a set coming. Thanks though.

one2nine

Reaction score
Was up past your place today and didn't see ya. I want to check this thing out. I'm unofficially on the hunt for a 4x4 rcsb 6.4, excursion, or updating my mustang to a 13/14. I want to check this out and maybe get some inspiration.

HOOV3R

Reaction score
Was up past your place today and didn't see ya. I want to check this thing out. I'm unofficially on the hunt for a 4x4 rcsb 6.4, excursion, or updating my mustang to a 13/14. I want to check this out and maybe get some inspiration.

Some of us still work during the day LOL

HOOV3R

Reaction score
I'm gonna weld them together. Turn the box up real high. Make smoke. Smoooooooth like snake

Think you can get it done if I send you a set of mirrors and a set of blanks? Don't want to spend $300 on F150 mirrors w/ turn signals only for someone to *** it up LOL.

HOOV3R

Reaction score
Finally just went to the machine shop since they do not answer the phone. Everything is done except the block. Had to go to 0.030" over due to taper. He wants a piston to size his final bore and hone to. So now I'm in need of 0.030" over pistons delipped, decked, coated and with valve reliefs. Feel free to PM me prices.

sootie

Reaction score
that's exactly what i have in mine...Morgan @ Midwest Diesel treated me right.

dustinz85

Reaction score
Finally just went to the machine shop since they do not answer the phone. Everything is done except the block. Had to go to 0.030" over due to taper. He wants a piston to size his final bore and hone to. So now I'm in need of 0.030" over pistons delipped, decked, coated and with valve reliefs. Feel free to PM me prices.
Pistons you have are stock bore I'm guessing?

Members online

No members online now.