aftermarket intercooler

strokin08

Reaction score
I have been away from here for awhile and lost touch with aftermarket world. I do tow a good bit and was wondering is a aftermarket intercooler was worth it? What data has been gotten by changing. I have searched and couldn't find anything really recent so I figured i would ask. Last time I was on no limit was making them and now cant find anything about them. Got his cold side pipe and elbow and love it. Thanks for all the help.

Stroked777

Reaction score
Not worth it. Get a 71mm drop in atmo and that will net you better drop in EGTs. I believe no limit made a limited number of them

RSK

Reaction score
according too alradco's testing they saw around a 200* difference going from a stock intercooler to theirs and this was testing done by 6.4 owners not just them saying it. I have an alradco on my truck, I do a decent amount of towing with my 6.4 as well but never anything major so i never ran gauges. I bought mine more for the looks...and atmospheric turbo would drop egt's better then an intercooler does

Groomzybanshee

Reaction score
I wouldn't run an alradco. The welds on their radiator are The worst looking welds I've seen in a while....Havent seen and intercooler though.

StrokiNDieseL

Reaction score
I wouldn't run an alradco. The welds on their radiator are The worst looking welds I've seen in a while....Havent seen and intercooler though.

I thought I was the only one... I had to modify bracket pins (IC) b/c welds expanded greatly therefore wouldn't fit in-between cooler & bumper.. looks to me like poor clamping or inexperienced welder??? Temp changes minimal thus far from my 5K mile experience. should have done turbo upgrade first is what I say to myself now..

Groomzybanshee

Reaction score
I thought I was the only one... I had to modify bracket pins (IC) b/c welds expanded greatly therefore wouldn't fit in-between cooler & bumper.. looks to me like poor clamping or inexperienced welder??? Temp changes minimal thus far from my 5K mile experience. should have done turbo upgrade first is what I say to myself now..

We had to modify the rad Also. A ear needed moved down. What a joke.

strokin08

Reaction score
When you put in a 71 atmo turbo what upgrades will you need? will valves, wastegate or specific tuning be needed? I have arp studs, egr delete no limit cold side and elbow and down pipe. Spartan tuning. My goal is for reliable daily driver and for towing.

alradco

Reaction score

Sorry to hear that, never heard of that before. We would have exchanged that out for you right away. Give me a call or send me a message if you'd like to do that.
Although we want everything to go out perfect every time the reality is that sometimes things can slip through. No excuses but we will take care of it given the opportunity.

Peter

StrokiNDieseL

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that, never heard of that before. We would have exchanged that out for you right away. Give me a call or send me a message if you'd like to do that.
Although we want everything to go out perfect every time the reality is that sometimes things can slip through. No excuses but we will take care of it given the opportunity.

Peter

I appreciate your quick response, to you & OP sorry for any derailment. Reason mostly I went this route was a USA product over other manufactures! I understand mishaps but it did suck trying to install on a Friday night all happy you got something new to put on truck.. Also I'm a aspiring welder so the cut off wheel was right there, another reasoning to why I commented in tread on welds. This was by no means to bash or take ANY credit from everyother piece that's left your production facilities. I'll contact you shortly. Jayson

jdgleason

Reaction score
I have an Alradco Intercooler and I am super happy with it... Mine mounted up perfectly - I had no fitment issues whatsoever. As far as performance goes, trap speed at the track (back to back passes) showed a 35-40 horsepower improvement with JUST the intercooler :eek:

I need to go through my data logs from testing the intercooler, but just from watching gauges, I've seen an easy 200* egt drop wide open.

I'd recommend an Alradco intercooler to anyone... Love mine. I will say that Nathannial put an Alradco radiator in Clausen's truck it looked good and he's had no issues either.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
I have an Alradco too and I have had no trouble with the intercooler or the radiator. I have made several heavy hauls and truck pulls with both with zero issues. The performance has been great. I don't have any track times( I have a 6 speed so thats just a joke in the 1/4) and there isn't a dyno anywhere near me so I can't provide any solid numbers for an improvement, but in my opinion the radiator is far superior to what the factory produced. The highest I have saw my coolant get up to was 211* with the oil at 219-220* that was hauling over 30k up a long and steep a$$ hill.

blk350on20s

Reaction score
I've got both the intercooler and radiator. Zero fitment issues. Everything looked awesome from welds to appearance. Truck sees close to 100 pounds of boost and has ran flawless. I never pay attention to wot temps but cruising temps dropped 50-100*. Coolant and oil temps didn't drop any but they don't ever move off 192-196.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
I've got both the intercooler and radiator. Zero fitment issues. Everything looked awesome from welds to appearance. Truck sees close to 100 pounds of boost and has ran flawless. I never pay attention to wot temps but cruising temps dropped 50-100*. Coolant and oil temps didn't drop any but they don't ever move off 192-196.

My temps run the same as yours except when I'm hauling heavy and pulling a lot of hills. Except your truck is f**king bad @ss!

Stroked777

Reaction score
When you put in a 71 atmo turbo what upgrades will you need? will valves, wastegate or specific tuning be needed? I have arp studs, egr delete no limit cold side and elbow and down pipe. Spartan tuning. My goal is for reliable daily driver and for towing.

Nope just drop it in and you are all set. No special tuning required

strokin08

Reaction score
Is anyone running the intercooler with stock radiator? Seen awhile back where they were saying it may cause truck to run warm from the size blocking air. I believe most of you are running the radiator also so was wondering cause I have the stock one.

White_monster

Reaction score
I've have been running a spearco ic and stock rad with no extra heat in the rad. Now I have a Alradco radiator. Had to tweak a mount but Alradco is standing behind it still even though I modified it. Great company to deal with.

Reaction score
I have been away from here for awhile and lost touch with aftermarket world. I do tow a good bit and was wondering is a aftermarket intercooler was worth it? What data has been gotten by changing. I have searched and couldn't find anything really recent so I figured i would ask. Last time I was on no limit was making them and now cant find anything about them. Got his cold side pipe and elbow and love it. Thanks for all the help.

I have a no-limit new sitting here that I have for sale. Selling to get rid of stock if your interested.

CT9AIX

Reaction score
Is anyone running the intercooler with stock radiator? Seen awhile back where they were saying it may cause truck to run warm from the size blocking air. I believe most of you are running the radiator also so was wondering cause I have the stock one.

I'm running a stock rad and alradco IC and have had no increase in EOT or ECT since adding the IC

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.