Switching fans...

6speedsd

Reaction score
Those that have switched to the 7.3 fan clutch....any regrets? I'm assuming it'll set a code with no reading from the stock clutch. What about drive ability? Any issues with anything else as a result of the swap?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Twan

Reaction score
You will get 2 soft codes, no light.

Mine has been fine. It does better than the stander clutch fan.

bootcamp

Reaction score
No regrets with installing mine, might lose a little,fuel mileage but it's worth it. My oil temp stays below 200* even when pulling a trailer.

dzldoctor

Reaction score
Anyone else running this setup with real world experience? Also did you leave the cooling fan stator attached to the engine or removed that also?

6speedsd

Reaction score
I've had it for a while now. Stator has been long gone...like 3yrs or so. Wish I had done this long ago. Cold AC all the time no matter the outside temps, EOT runs a little cooler, trans temp stays cool ALL the time. Was having issues with trans temp getting warm while towing in traffic....that's not an issue anymore.

I haven't found a single downside to it yet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

cjfarm111

Reaction score
I have seen this mod as well and I would like to try it. So where is the best place
To find a fan?

6speedsd

Reaction score
You don't get a fan. You need a fan clutch and adapter to mount said clutch to your water pump. Bulletproof diesel is a one stop shop. They sell both as a kit...$250 I think it was. Or you could source your own clutch locally. It's just a 96 7.3 clutch (Hayden is the brand), then buy the adapter from bulletproof. Your stock fan will bolt to the 7.3 clutch...direct swap.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Magnum PD

Reaction score
The stock OBS fan is metal and doesn't move much air. I could hear more air moving with the 6.0 on my 96.

Latest posts

Members online