Mild 7.3 build suggestions

N2GN2

Reaction score
I'm doing a mild hp build on the Wife's DD. It has 200k with the 4r100.

200% hybrids
Billet wheel
Studs
Up pipes
HPOP
910 springs
Shift kit?

Any other suggestions?

After I put down numbers it'll probably stay in economy mode.

I'll check the SN for rods tomorrow.

PABowhunter

Reaction score
What horsepower ranger do you consider mild?

Depending on the condition of the trans and how you drive it, you could get away with just an upgraded valve body and torque converter.

As mentioned, I would definitely look into a fuel system to feed those injectors.

You set on keeping a drop in turbo or is t4 an option?

N2GN2

Reaction score
Build 1833707, seems PMR's are very likely. I'll have to take a peek in the inspection hole tomorrow.

Looking for 500 hp, but will rarely use it.

Thinking about TC and more fuel.

Need new UP's so a T4 could be the better way to go there.

isootmypants

Reaction score
Stock fuel pump, stock hpop, reg return with left over stuff in garage, valve springs, 38r, 250/100s, diamond t convertor and cales valve body with stock rebuild, cales tunes. Tow with it and daily it. 500ish hp. Fun as hell. Reliable as hell

Powerstroker7.3

Reaction score
Stock fuel pump, stock hpop, reg return with left over stuff in garage, valve springs, 38r, 250/100s, diamond t convertor and cales valve body with stock rebuild, cales tunes. Tow with it and daily it. 500ish hp. Fun as hell. Reliable as hell

That's the route I would go. If it has pmrs then even with 500hp you will have the possibility of throwing a rod. So you will just have to be careful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

97f350stroker

Reaction score

I would agree with that on a forged rod motor but the reliable as hell part isn't as accurate with pmrs lol the fun as hell parts stands true though

Powerstroker7.3

Reaction score
One of my favorite setups was 250/100 38r fuel system adrenaline hpop pmr motor and built trans. I have fueling taken out for the rods. I didn't have a problem with egts and it ran great and the drag strip. Then I asked for more fuel and the rods said no. But it was still a blast to drive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikeeg02

Reaction score
Ill agree on most of suggested above. My last build started with 238/100s and a 38R, I wouldnt suggest that to anyone.

I believe KC turbos has a new drop in coming this spring if you want to go the factory look route.

If your intending on replacing your uppipes anyways the T4 gives you plenty of options for turbos and exhaust housing options.

After running that mentioned combo and talking to several people, I went to a 366 sxe with a 1.0 housing. Its a night and day difference. And on top of all that, its super quiet. Definitely makes the truck nice for longer trips again.

There are a lot of threads on valve springs. Most people say comp 910s are junk. I did beehive springs, smith brothers push rods, and headstuds for good measure. The beehive can be done for around 300.

N2GN2

Reaction score
Those Diamond T's are a great price!

PMR's as far as I can see.

KC has a DIY 38, maybe I'll try that. I love my KC DIY stage 2 on the 6.0! Not much hwy driving at this point. I'm going to try out the $120 Dorman bellowed up pipes from eBay.

superpsd

Reaction score
The drop in KC38R has been out for a while for both superduty and OBS trucks. The only drop in they have not built yet is a drop in for the E99

Latest posts

Members online