Toyo RT...what's the verdict?

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
They've been around for a while now. How are y'all that run them liking them?
I want them to be awesome so I can get a set but I wanna hear from people actually using them.

mikeeg02

Reaction score
They don't look that great for rain performance, not enough sipes cut into them. They also look like they have the ability to get noisey, and not long after new. But I haven't ran them myself. Just my .02

Im not sure what you are primary use for the tire is but these tires have far exceeded my expectations. And generally they are 20-50 less a tire than most manufacturers.

Kumho AT51s

178_WebPhotoAdditional1.png

08Monster

Reaction score
I had them. Pretty good tire I thought. Pretty noisy, but they were 35x13.50. Mine did not run narrow. Can't beat the tread wear warranty though.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Horsemover

Reaction score
Guys here at local shop love them and have all moved away from the MT but I'm not sure if I'm brave enough to try them on the dually.

JRLott

Reaction score
Jomax or his uncle had one come apart and he thought it was in an odd way. Might :poke: him to get his direct input. IIRC, he said he wouldn't buy any more right now.

300000 and counting

Reaction score
I've ran Toyo M/T, Firestone Destination M/T, Nitto Trail Grappler M/T, and I now have Toyo R/T. My R/T have 10,000 miles on them so far and aren't really worn, where as my M/T's would have been at half thread, so I'm happy with the thread wear so far. As far as the noise goes the R/T's are quieter then the M/T's but not by much. I'm running 35x13.5 and they do just as good as the others in the rain, I haven't been in much mud yet, but what I have been in they have done pretty well. The only complaint I have are the side walls look like an A/T or H/T tire, they don't have near the aggressiveness of the M/T's.

Last edited:

WHY NOT

Reaction score
I have them in a 37x12.50 on my stock wheels and I am really happy with them. I put them on last fall for winter wheels and they did really well in the snow and rain compared to my ATZ's. Mine do seem narrow, at only about 10.5" of actual tread but that works perfect on my stock wheels. I ran them for about 2K miles last winter is all then put my ATZ's and welds back on for the rest of the year. My ATZ's wore out so instead of buying new I just put the winter wheels on early this year. Compared to my ATZ's they are quieter and handle better, dry, rain snow etc. can barley hear them over my exhaust at all. I have about 5K miles on them is all now, but I am happy with them. I have had plenty of wight on them towing, Im just sure when I tow heavy to always air them up to 65psi. I like them enough where I am thinking about putting the 35x13.50's on my 20x12 welds in the spring. I was going to toss a picture up but photo bucket doesn't want to cooperate well this morning

Black AOD

Reaction score
I've got about 20,000 miles on a set of 35x13.50r20 R/T's. They still have 60% of the tread left easy on them. They are quieter than my old MT's but slightly louder than the AT2 Toyo.

Toyo's site said mounted on all 11 wide wheels they run true 13.50 wide. Mine is on a 20" fuel wheel x 10" wide and they measure about 13.2-13.3 so mine run fairly true to size.

They do ok in rain. My truck doesnt do well in rain with the power it makes so to judge the tire in rain for me is kind of hard to accurately say so.

sagebel

Reaction score
They don't look that great for rain performance, not enough sipes cut into them. They also look like they have the ability to get noisey, and not long after new. But I haven't ran them myself. Just my .02

Im not sure what you are primary use for the tire is but these tires have far exceeded my expectations. And generally they are 20-50 less a tire than most manufacturers.

Kumho AT51s

178_WebPhotoAdditional1.png

Here's a pretty good review. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llbDHE6GenE

Buck1

Reaction score
I have them on my dually, love them. Less tread walk than the 19.5s I had on.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

black'n'blue

Reaction score
I have them. They do run narrow. No annoying road noise, good in the rain, and for the lil bit of off road use they see they're awesome. Probably one of the best tires I've ever had besides my old Goodyear wrangle mtr Kevlar's.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

Jomax

Reaction score
Jomax or his uncle had one come apart and he thought it was in an odd way. Might :poke: him to get his direct input. IIRC, he said he wouldn't buy any more right now.

Yup, they were on my 2015 and then I put them on the 1999 before I sold it to my uncle. They worked well until one blew. Got about 40k miles out of them.

Having it break to pieces was weird, tires were less then two years old as well. I did buy them right when they came out, maybe the first ones had some bad ones?

One thing I will say is, I abused them off-road. This was the first 20k miles. The last 20k, they had an easy life.

Knock on wood, I've had super good luck with nittos.

Won't be buying them anymore for a long time I'll probably get over it though, going back to AT tires. No need for a MT anymore. Uncle just installed Nitto G2s.

MTs lack in the rain/wet department.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kane

Reaction score
I've had the Toyo MT's and now run the RT's. my MT's were 35's and my current R/T's are 37's. I love the look of the MT but the RT is so much more quiet and gives me a much smoother ride.
I really like the look too....
IMG_4157_zpsrc3ctnx2.jpg

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
Mine have been great on my truck Richard. They are a little louder than my Nitto's. They balanced out really well etc.

Latest posts

Members online