Archoil

03silvertj

Reaction score
Anybody heard of this stuff? Used it? Seen results? I've been using Diesel Kleen for years, mostly because of the convince of getting it. Is there something better out there? I've got 140k miles on the truck now, and really need to start making sure I'm taking care of it.

Dirtclod

Reaction score
I've used both the fuel and engine oil additive. It worked great for my 7.3 before I switched motors. It's pretty much for stiction. As far as a diesel fuel additive I just use transmission fluid or 2 stroke oil every so often.

Wizbangdoodle

Reaction score
I use Archoil, but I am on a virtually new motor (about 12k). Decided to make sure I did everything I could to keep injectors from failing. So far so good, but I have nothing to reference it against.

powerstrokelyfe

Reaction score
It works well on the 7.3 and 6.0's specifically because they use HEUI system. Its a good additive.
Had good luck with stanadyne as well.

03silvertj

Reaction score
Been using Power Service Diesel Clean and Cetane boost since new, @ 63K now, and no problems!

Yea, that's what I've always used. No complaints at all, just curious if there is something better out there...

Reaction score
Jimdawg185 on here sells LE products and most members swear by his Full Torque fuel additive and lubricant products. I use the Archoil in my 06 6.0 in the oil and fuel and have noticed that it starts and runs better, with a slight bump in fuel mileage.

redneck1

Reaction score
I've been using Schaeffer's soy shield. Been very impressed. More for lubrication than a cleaner. I've used a couple cases of full torque also, but it seems closer to power service. For me, I like the idea of a lubricant more than a cleaner even though it does have some detergents. Plus it's got anti gel for all season use.

Last edited:

Skiman26

Reaction score
I have been using the stuff consistently for 2 years in oil and fuel, truck is a 08 with 235,000. And it runs perfect. Don't know if the additives are really helping but my fuel filters are always really clean even at 20,000 mile intervals and it took a few shorter intervals once using the fuel supplement for them o get really clean so it cleaned the tank out some I guess. I run 12,000 mile oil change intervals with the additive and get excellent oil analysis back showing far less wear than a typical 5000 mile interval so I say yes it works well. Truck has original rockers at this milliage as well

03silvertj

Reaction score
Whelp... I gave it a try, and got a bit of a bump in fuel economy. It's hard to say exactly what it was because I've got a Titan fuel tank and depending on how it feels that day the usable fuel can vary. Anyway... I saw about a 1.5-1.8 MPG increase which in my opinion is fairly substantial for an additive. I went from about 18.8 MPG on the highway empty for about 20.3-20.6.

I didn't really notice that the truck ran quieter (at idle) but who knows. I think I'm going to switch over and run this for a while.

jimdawg185

Reaction score
Lubrication Engineers Full Torque is the best balanced product on the market. And nothing comes close to dealing with water in the fuel. It basically does everything well, HFFR, Cetane, Carbon, Water, Anti Gel.

mvent

Reaction score
Been using the Archoil fuel additive and the friction modifier for about 30k miles.
Truck just turned 160k, runs great and all original! Oil analysis @ 6k comes back clean,
so I do a 6000 mile Motorcraft filter change, and 12,000 mile Royal purple syn oil
fluids change.

Latest posts

Members online