Cervini ram air hood

kleake

Reaction score
Anyone have a Cervini ram air hood? I bought one and am contemplating an issue. Per the pictures, I didn't realize the ram air was as 'open" as it is. I thought maybe the scoops were a little deeper before they just open up under there. I definitely like the airflow, but i'm concerned about the water getting in there and such. There is room underneath to build a lower cover or duct work to push the air over to the air intake, but i'm trying to see if it would be worth it or just leave it open. I'm kind mixed overall.

SVTDiesel

Reaction score
I have never had an issue with the openings on the ram air hoods for the superdutys. I have had them on the 05-07 body style as well as an 08-10 body style, both diesels. I wouldn't be concerned.

kleake

Reaction score
Good to hear, I just figured if you drive it in a heavy rain that it's going to be dumping a pretty fair amount of water down there. It looks like even just sitting in the rain with a fair wind blowing the right direction and it would get in. I guess I was expecting a few inches of overlap instead of about 1/2". I wonder if there would be much benefit to ducting it over to the air box? Probably wouldn't provide much benefit unless you are moving pretty fast, and it would likely also cause a lot more dust and dirt to be forced into the filter.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Good to hear, I just figured if you drive it in a heavy rain that it's going to be dumping a pretty fair amount of water down there. It looks like even just sitting in the rain with a fair wind blowing the right direction and it would get in. I guess I was expecting a few inches of overlap instead of about 1/2". I wonder if there would be much benefit to ducting it over to the air box? Probably wouldn't provide much benefit unless you are moving pretty fast, and it would likely also cause a lot more dust and dirt to be forced into the filter.

It'd be cool air though. And a lot of it.

The filter will pick up any bugs, dirt, or debris. Just as it does now with the direct incoming air.

kleake

Reaction score
Agreed, I just figured I would be cleaning it a LOT more often. With the current scoop in the fender, some of the debris is taken out due to gravity and only the finer dust gets in there rather than being forced directly in. I might look into this as an option though, it doesn't look like it would be too hard to accomplish with the right airbox.

kleake

Reaction score
Got it painted and installed. The rain will drop up front by the radiator so I'm less worried about things for sure. If driving in a heavy rain, it may make it's way back on things, but definitely isn't as critical as I was thinking. If I get bored one day I'll look into ducting it right to the airbox, until then, i see about 5-8 degree drop in intake air temps from what it was with comparable outside air temp.

20160829_230123%20Large_zpsnrgwe9wj.jpg

20160829_230506%20Large_zpsny3x6osc.jpg

20160914_194304%20Large_zpsrmrxyesh.jpg

20160916_133650%20Large_zpstdsqkeng.jpg

You can see here how far forward the openings are
20160916_134433%20Large_zps4gs4zwpl.jpg

In it's natural environment
20160917_132617%20Large_zpsfb9aeseg.jpg

20160917_132645%20Large_zpsveanaves.jpg

NY_Mott

Reaction score
Looking good....
5-8° is nice to hear, good to know it can be more then just a cosmetic upgrade.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online