Marty's fuel system and elite fuel bowl

Shafer171

Reaction score
I am using a a1000 system from Marty's and a elite fuel bowl deeleete in my build. The Marty's system has a regulater on it on the return, the elite kit also has a regulater. Are two regulaters needed?

Shafer171

Reaction score
My thinking as well. If I have the regulator at the pump set at say 10 psi I don't see a need for the regulator in the engine bay?

BOSS450

Reaction score
i capped off my pump and sent full pressure to the front regulator. easier to regulate and adjust for me.

Shafer171

Reaction score
So you eliminated the regulator at the pump and also the return at the pump?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 98

BOSS450

Reaction score
Mines a fass with ****ty regulator. So I just capped that exit. In your case I'd remove that one as long as the one up front can handle the volume. Less lines and problems.

Shafer171

Reaction score
Tell me if this makes sense:
1 tank
2 aero motive pump
3 regulater/return to tank using factory pickup
4 regulater to fuel block
5 fuel block to dual pumps
6 returns to factory fuel cooler
7 fuel cooler to regulator on fuel block
8 regulater back to tank factory return

This is what I was thinking

Shafer171

Reaction score
Only reason I don't want to remove the regulator at the pump is it is already installed and the tank is back in.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Only reason I don't want to remove the regulator at the pump is it is already installed and the tank is back in.

yo buddy i had no idea that system came with it's own regulator. call me tomorrow and i'll get on the horn with marty to figure out the best way. MY BAD !!

Shafer171

Reaction score
yo buddy i had no idea that system came with it's own regulator. call me tomorrow and i'll get on the horn with marty to figure out the best way. MY BAD !!

No worries Mike, i wasn't aware that it did either until I started putting it in. I honestly am trying to figure out why two returns are needed. But that s how it is setup.

White_monster

Reaction score
Marty's fuel pump kit ties into the stick system and the stick system can't return the volume of fuel that the a1000 delivers. That's why there is one after the pump. The regulator in the elite kit regulates your return lines from the heads and pumps.

Shafer171

Reaction score
Marty's fuel pump kit ties into the stick system and the stick system can't return the volume of fuel that the a1000 delivers. That's why there is one after the pump. The regulator in the elite kit regulates your return lines from the heads and pumps.

So would the routing I layer out in the earlier post be correct? And what would each of the regulaters be set at?

White_monster

Reaction score
Take the regulator out of Marty's system and just use the one from the elite fuel bowl kit. I have the a1000 pump running through the elite fuel bowl kit with no issues. No need for 2 regulators.

Latest posts

Members online