Wisconsin check in!

TyCorr

Reaction score
I'm not from Wi, but I worked in walworth today. Home of Kikkoman soy sauce! :)

It was faster getting there than getting to suburbs of Chicago that are only 60 miles away.

rentstdi

Reaction score
Yup just south of madison. I work there quite often.... What do you want to know about it?

Lubbockguy1979

Reaction score
Looking to buy a truck that is here in texas but the owner lives in Stoughton wi. Truck is not running and i havent put eyes or hands on the truck. Is rust a huge issue to look for on a 10yr old truck up there

rentstdi

Reaction score
If it spent ten years up here in salt country I would look closer into it. The first thing to rust out is the fender on the drive wheels. If it's front wheel drive look at the rocker panels. Did this truck always live up here? . I bought my truck in California and it's been in Wisconsin two winters now and I just have surface rust coating the frame... But it will take a few years for rot to start showing on the fenders....

rentstdi

Reaction score
Ouch. Maybe they oil treated the underbody in late fall. Take a look at it and see what kind of condition it's in. It does seem a little weird tough that the owner and truck are about 1000 miles away.

sstrobl

Reaction score
whats going on wi guys. new powerstroke owner near milwaukee. bought a 2011 250 lariat. looking for a minimaxx, 5" exhaust, and paint matched bumpers if anyone knows anyone in the area selling send me a pm. would prefer local vs shipping. doesnt look like much activity here but worth a shot

Lubbockguy1979

Reaction score
Btw i did buy the truck. Trailered it home put a ipr in it and have been driving it since november. Ended up ditching the bed as it was past rotten. Put a used flatbed on it. Ended up being a pretty nice truck

Latest posts

Members online