Turbo Mini-Bike Build

d.evil

Reaction score
Figured I would start a thread on my little project we have been working on for a couple months.

It started out life as a Doodlebug mini-bike from Kragens with a little 3hp engine on it. That was quickly removed and swapped with a 6.5hp engine from harbor freight. During the install of that we added a billet connecting rod, a cam with more lift / duration, and a Mikuni slide carb.

I've always wanted to build a turbo mini bike, and figured this would be the perfect platform to finally do it. I sourced a knock-off IHI RHB31 turbo on eBay (smallest commercially available turbo) and went to work.

Currently we are setting it up as a draw-through system, but that may change once its together. I have read that it is hard to get to run right with this arrangement, but will give it a try for now.

On to some pics!

Rough mock-up:

IMG_3594_zpsicqnwko5.jpg

Up-Pipe building:
IMG_3737_zpsqtrbd6jl.jpg

Finished Up-Pipe:
IMG_3739_zpsi0o8w3av.jpg

Header Mock-Up:
IMG_3741_zpsh87tkjp4.jpg

Intake Plumbing:
IMG_3814_zpspxunaff8.jpg

Header Done:
IMG_3816_zpsfbujeyzh.jpg

Fuel Cell:
IMG_3813_zps26wdeuvn.jpg

Battery box & final boost gauge location:
IMG_4153_zpsflve1she.jpg

Thats where it sits as of now. Just need to finish the oil pump mount, wire that up and do final assembly & hope it starts!

Once its running it will get torn back down for a new seat cover and the frame / forks / fender powder coated. I'll post more pics as progress continues.