Jomax's E99 Build Thread

Jomax

Reaction score
So, still slammed and the truck is being used, haven't done much. Shell is painted and just waiting to go on..

Here's what it's doing today. Work duty

1918e57b3feded6cfb1b19325f7de85f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jomax

Reaction score
Buddy that owns a wood shop was Malik some subwoofer boxes for a friend so I had him make me some as well.

Came out pretty well I think.

That's all I've done for now LOL

Truck is at the paint shop getting the tailgate painted

cc0f2599017d9bfb091d07b84deb7bee.jpg
f07170e0065d321dc9c6aa418e286fae.jpg

dsberman94

Reaction score
That's one of the flat pioneer subs right? Love
Mine so far. I thought I was ordering a 12" but I got something bigger, I had to modify a 12" truck box to fit it. I think it was something like 13.1". But it's pretty stout and decent for what it is. I blew 3 different subs with the amp that came in my truck within 8 months, which is an eclipse amp with 2 20 amp fuses, so 400 watts. It's nice now though. I boost it at the HU +5 and it's nice. Not sure where the amp settings are but it'll vibrate the side mirrors on most any song, and I haven't killed it in over a year so that good.

Jomax

Reaction score
That's one of the flat pioneer subs right? Love
Mine so far. I thought I was ordering a 12" but I got something bigger, I had to modify a 12" truck box to fit it. I think it was something like 13.1". But it's pretty stout and decent for what it is. I blew 3 different subs with the amp that came in my truck within 8 months, which is an eclipse amp with 2 20 amp fuses, so 400 watts. It's nice now though. I boost it at the HU +5 and it's nice. Not sure where the amp settings are but it'll vibrate the side mirrors on most any song, and I haven't killed it in over a year so that good.

These are actually 10in pioneers low profile mount.

I usually don't run my subs hard, just enough to hear the bass. So I've never blew a sub etc. I'm running a sound stream 1200watt amp with no issue.

TyCorr

Reaction score
These are actually 10in pioneers low profile mount.

I usually don't run my subs hard, just enough to hear the bass. So I've never blew a sub etc. I'm running a sound stream 1200watt amp with no issue.

Ditto...its there to enhance not overpower everything else. Bass is my least favorite frequency range(s). I like mids and treble because I like music not just farty bass.

Jomax

Reaction score
Ditto...its there to enhance not overpower everything else. Bass is my least favorite frequency range(s). I like mids and treble because I like music not just farty bass.

Yup, when you can hear the bass outside of the car overpower everything. You're doing it wrong.,

Bearded7point3pilot

Reaction score
Buddy that owns a wood shop was Malik some subwoofer boxes for a friend so I had him make me some as well.

Came out pretty well I think.

That's all I've done for now LOL

Truck is at the paint shop getting the tailgate painted

cc0f2599017d9bfb091d07b84deb7bee.jpg
f07170e0065d321dc9c6aa418e286fae.jpg

Where did you mount them? I want to put some in mine but wasn't sure weather to go behind the back seat, or beneath? Gonna do a custom box, so id rather just build one

01 7.3 F250
4" Diamond Eye exhaust
"Tymar" Intake
EGT, Trans Temp, Boost

79jasper

Reaction score
I wanted something like this.
88a8f381c49def96619301e1b90d0c7b.jpg
Where I could mount the amp and stuff to it, but I couldn't find one. So I ended up with one like this
320df7bca1a51c23477e74587b6f7b28.jpg
I think I paid about $85.
2 12's because I already had them.
Need a bigger amp, but it works for now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

ja_cain

Reaction score
Amen brother! I wasted more time in my younger years helping my buddy build boxes for walls of 15's than I care to remember. Once you've heard acurate high end home audio, everything else pales in comparison. I just couldn't get excited about his bloated bass builds after that.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

TyCorr

Reaction score
Amen brother! I wasted more time in my younger years helping my buddy build boxes for walls of 15's than I care to remember. Once you've heard acurate high end home audio, everything else pales in comparison. I just couldn't get excited about his bloated bass builds after that.

Yea...the 92 nissans lowered with stupid subs ruined it for me. And then followed every piece of **** car with a farty, rattly system.

I had a 92 ranger in high school with 8" RF subs in a box and it was perfect. You got nice focused bass for most practical listening. Even a 10" needs so much power dumped on it to sound good you gage to have ear splitting volume on all the other frequencies.

Between rattle guns, nail guns, and beating on shti with hammers I cant hear anyway.

Bearded7point3pilot

Reaction score

Totally off subject but I have a buddy that does that dB drag thing, it's not so much loud obnoxious rattled bass, these guys have perfected it. Granted, his **** is completely ridiculous, but it's definitely possible to have tons of bass, if you have tons of mids and highs to back it up. Nearly all the distortion you hear in video footage for these vehicles is because the camera mic can't keep up.

01 7.3 F250
4" Diamond Eye exhaust
"Tymar" Intake
EGT, Trans Temp, Boost

TyCorr

Reaction score
Totally off subject but I have a buddy that does that dB drag thing, it's not so much loud obnoxious rattled bass, these guys have perfected it. Granted, his **** is completely ridiculous, but it's definitely possible to have tons of bass, if you have tons of mids and highs to back it up. Nearly all the distortion you hear in video footage for these vehicles is because the camera mic can't keep up.

01 7.3 F250
4" Diamond Eye exhaust
"Tymar" Intake
EGT, Trans Temp, Boost

Exactly what we were saying. Its soooo ridiculous that its hard to care.

Then again I choose and pay double for analog equipment in my chosen audio realm.

Obsstroked

Reaction score
Hail all over the hwy(AZ is weird like that) out of no where going 55mph up in the mountains. It's was like I hit roller bearings.

Where in az are you join our page on fb powerstrokes of Arizona

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Jomax

Reaction score
Well.... This took an in unexpected turn. My uncle wanted the truck and offered me a good price and I took it...

Worked a deal with the shell, 40in light bar,and the new trans I had ready to go in. Will post a final pic of it finished and off to CA she goes.....

Guess I'll be dumping money solely into the 15. Until the 17s lol.

Latest posts

Members online