08 tow mirror questions.

Lubbockguy1979

Reaction score
Im looking at buying some 08 style mirrors. Found them reasonable cheap on ebay. My question is if i get them where can i find the male plastic plug for the 05-07 mirrors. I dont want to cut up my current mirrors for this mod as i bet they will be worth more intact. Also anyone have bad luck with the ebay mirrors?

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Check amazon. Mto power towing mirrors. About 250 for the pair, you can get them for the 99-04 wired correctly. Factory ones you need to open the mirror and change the horizontal wiring, as they are backwards. These mirrors are wired already. I put a set on my dads excursion and the only real complaint i had was the blind spot mirror was a little weird on one of them, but really not terrible. Probably wouldnt notice if i didnt have factory ones to compare to.

03cody

Reaction score
you can find them online with the plug already on them.....I'd stray away from the cheapos on ebay. They tend to have weird glass, as in its normally wavy on the edges. All my friends who have bought them on ebay have glass in their mirrors that is that way. It may not bother some people but, it would bother the heck out of me.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
You could. My dads only had one that was weird, so it could ve hit or miss on the glass they are using. Ford does sell replacement mirror glass. The mto ones also have th option if you look hard enough for tinted or clear signal lenses.

Lubbockguy1979

Reaction score
They are out of stock and at 364 are over 200 bucks more. Id bet i could replace the glass for less. Not knocking anyone but unfortuanely the money tree hasnt grown as fast as id like in the back yard

Koda22

Reaction score
I've been wondering the same thing.....I'd love to support a sopnser but like said they are 200 dollars more.....I'd love to give the eBay set a try but like everything else, I ieep telling myself you get wat you pay for....

Lubbockguy1979

Reaction score
Im giving them a shot. I sild the mirrors off my truck last night so i need some. If they eeally suck ill go a different direction. If not ill sell the ones off my work truck and have 2 sets

1ATony

Reaction score
Im looking at buying some 08 style mirrors. Found them reasonable cheap on ebay. My question is if i get them where can i find the male plastic plug for the 05-07 mirrors. I dont want to cut up my current mirrors for this mod as i bet they will be worth more intact. Also anyone have bad luck with the ebay mirrors?

What year and series is your truck. Also, what are all of the features your mirrors currently have such as power, heat, memory etc.

We carry the 08+ style tow mirrors for the earlier trucks.

Tony

My09Ride

Reaction score
Ok, Gentlemen, this is a mirror thread, so I will ask a question. First I love the heated, power folding, power mirror on my 09 F250, But when I tow my 40 ft. 5er I can't see the backend when changing lanes or backing in, and would really like to. They don't go out far enough. Any Ideas other than Big Truck West Coast Mirrors????? Want keep it looking good!

Lubbockguy1979

Reaction score
What year and series is your truck. Also, what are all of the features your mirrors currently have such as power, heat, memory etc.

We carry the 08+ style tow mirrors for the earlier trucks.

Tony
Truck is a 2005 f250 cc lariat. Factory tow mirrors are power with heat and turn signal

Lubbockguy1979

Reaction score
So i ordered the mirrors last Thursday. The shipped friday and arrived today. Big box. Opened it to find both mirrors packaged in Styrofoam boxes in cloth like bags. Initial impressions are good the mirrors look correct as a 08 mirror. Fit and finish are pretty good. Installed them and found that i did have to modify the upper tab to make them fit properly as i would on a oem mirror. The plug was correct for my 05 or 06 truck.

Lubbockguy1979

Reaction score
uploadfromtaptalk1455157044630.jpguploadfromtaptalk1455157061922.jpguploadfromtaptalk1455157069890.jpguploadfromtaptalk1455157078697.jpguploadfromtaptalk1455157098617.jpg

Lubbockguy1979

Reaction score
uploadfromtaptalk1455157138427.jpgthe tab that had to be removed. Used a set of side cutter wire pliers to remove the tab. 2 second thing which is not a big deal