13-16 Spartan tuning

Ipkyss

Reaction score
Just wanted to add I plowed 8hrs on the 550 race and the truck did everything it should. No issues.

Mikeyfitz

Reaction score
I do notice the quick as hell 2-3 shift on 550 enhanced. Sometimes if you're not at enough throttle it'll almost be confused as to accelerate or shift. Catches me off guard haha, but overall the truck drives 100x better than before

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
I do notice the quick as hell 2-3 shift on 550 enhanced. Sometimes if you're not at enough throttle it'll almost be confused as to accelerate or shift. Catches me off guard haha, but overall the truck drives 100x better than before

That's what I noticed as well, the more you drive it the better it gets. Also maybe try the non enhanced version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ipkyss

Reaction score

You are actually getting 1-2 shift. Then 2-convertor lock-3 shift. At anything over very light throttle. If you watch the indicator you will see what I mean. The 2-3 shift is not that quick but it feels like it because of the convertor lock in the middle. I really liked how it works because you could let it shift to 2nd and rip on the throttle. It just got kind of annoying in traffic around the city. The non enhanced tunes fit my driving better even though I miss the early lock up when getting on it here and there.

Mikeyfitz

Reaction score
You are actually getting 1-2 shift. Then 2-convertor lock-3 shift. At anything over very light throttle. If you watch the indicator you will see what I mean. The 2-3 shift is not that quick but it feels like it because of the convertor lock in the middle. I really liked how it works because you could let it shift to 2nd and rip on the throttle. It just got kind of annoying in traffic around the city. The non enhanced tunes fit my driving better even though I miss the early lock up when getting on it here and there.

That makes sense actually. I don't romp on it much so I may have to go non enhanced cause sometimes I feel like I have to punch it haha!

I am in love with the power though

bruce65trojan

Reaction score
My shift between 2-3 was pretty rough under light throttle. Then I updated my tune to the new version and not a single issue. Smooth under any throttle!

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Just wanted to add I plowed 8hrs on the 550 race and the truck did everything it should. No issues.
lol.. why wouldn't it though? unless you are going wot while plowing? i wouldnt think that it would have issues unless you are saying trans shifting and temps?

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

c63 AMG

Reaction score
Can someone explain "lockup"? Is this the rear locking up and if so is it hard on the truck?

Sent from my banana using Tapatalk

Ipkyss

Reaction score
lol.. why wouldn't it though? unless you are going wot while plowing? i wouldnt think that it would have issues unless you are saying trans shifting and temps?

live life full throttle

on the 6.0/6.4 trucks and other platforms you can't plow on big tunes. Some can some can't. For some reason the transmission freak out shifting from forward to reverse a lot. 6.0 would often move ten feet then slip and chatter in forward or reverse. My 6.4 did the same with too big of a tune. I only had one 6.0 that would shift right plowing on a race tune. So that is why I was saying the 550 tune 6.7 plows like stock basically. no issue

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
on the 6.0/6.4 trucks and other platforms you can't plow on big tunes. Some can some can't. For some reason the transmission freak out shifting from forward to reverse a lot. 6.0 would often move ten feet then slip and chatter in forward or reverse. My 6.4 did the same with too big of a tune. I only had one 6.0 that would shift right plowing on a race tune. So that is why I was saying the 550 tune 6.7 plows like stock basically. no issue
oh no chit? thats good then.. i stay away from 6.0/6.4s so i had no idea..

live life full throttle

dawashi

Reaction score
Any word on sotf? How is mounting options? And when can we place our orders, I email couple weeks ago and was told not placing any orders just yet.

Broke 20

Reaction score
Just read through the majority of this thread and holy moly it's a lot of information. How are the '13 and '14 guys like the ngauge? Also, I like how the sotf option is a knob with the power markings etched on the plastic surround, but I would like to replace the power outlet below the 4x4 knob instead of the one on the passenger side. Would there be an option to have that shroud labeled or is that something I would have to source myself?

Also I saw it was mentioned that the somebody would rather run a cts2 for gauges and an OBD2 splitter would be needed to read both, but the splitters have bad reviews on being able to run 2 devices at once. The sotf option will still work if the ngauge is unplugged and using the cts2 as gauges right? I think I read somewhere that it will, just wanting to verify before I start ordering parts. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Ford-Super-Duty-Platinum-2013_02.jpg
    Ford-Super-Duty-Platinum-2013_02.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 134

Mikeyfitz

Reaction score
Just read through the majority of this thread and holy moly it's a lot of information. How are the '13 and '14 guys like the ngauge? Also, I like how the sotf option is a knob with the power markings etched on the plastic surround, but I would like to replace the power outlet below the 4x4 knob instead of the one on the passenger side. Would there be an option to have that shroud labeled or is that something I would have to source myself?

Also I saw it was mentioned that the somebody would rather run a cts2 for gauges and an OBD2 splitter would be needed to read both, but the splitters have bad reviews on being able to run 2 devices at once. The sotf option will still work if the ngauge is unplugged and using the cts2 as gauges right? I think I read somewhere that it will, just wanting to verify before I start ordering parts. Thanks in advance.

Yes it will. The SOTF won't use the OBD

FastFord

Reaction score
Sounds like they getting a good clean tune out. What's the word on the nDash for the 15/16?

uga33

Reaction score
Per Jeff on the ******* Facebook page:

**IMPORTANT - Please Read**

I get questions occasionally about nDash availability for 2013+ 6.7L trucks. We are looking at July of this year AT BEST. I know some guys prefer the nDash over the nGauge because of screen size, but it's going to be awhile unfortunately. The nGauge is a great unit and the speed at which it flashes is a great perk, so keep that in mind if you currently have a 6.4L or 2011-12 6.7L and plan to get into a newer truck. It will also be compatible with the 6.7L SOTF technology.

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
I am running tunes via NGauge and i just use it to load and change tunes, edge cts2 can't be beat as far as a monitor goes.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.