Dark copper metallic..

JE_6.4

Reaction score
Does anyone have any pictures of a dark copper metallic without the two tone? I remember seeing one but can't find it. Toying with the idea of doing away with the lower gold. Love the copper but can't help but think the two tone takes away from how the truck could look.
Can't work out what other color to go with or stay solid copper.

NY_Mott

Reaction score
I battle with this same issue. Iv seen the picture but unfortunately don't have it.
I have been racking my brain again lately as to what I could do with the bottom color, and as of this moment I got nothing except that I'd do like bwarning did and cut back the two tone on the front door; helps break it up.
But my biggest complaint is how it looks on the stock fender flares; just not my thing and once again bwarnings truck had larger flairs and it fit.
Gosh I loved his old truck.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

NY_Mott

Reaction score
OP did you find the picture you were looking for?

If you don't mind I'm going to build on this topic as it has not got much love.

I have the dark copper over Tan KR and am looking to get some powder coating and stuff done but having issues with color.

I'd love to one day have some suspension parts coated but for now just doing some under the hood stuff.

Are you just going with tan/gold ****** and more copper or intend on adding an accent color?

I have know idea what color could accent the copper/tan or even just the copper; any thoughts?

I'm going to go with a black rim in the future as well; anyone got any ideas on a color or just stick with the copper/tan.

Matt

Reaction score
Eventually I want to do away with the tan on mine. I hate two tone and dark copper is such a great color on it's own. If I were to accent stuff on mine and I planned to keep the tan, I'd go with tan. Under the hood, dark copper all the way.

Black wheels on this color combo truck never really did it for me. It's more of a classic looking paint combo to me that just begs for polished wheels.

NY_Mott

Reaction score
Matt- thank for the response. I really like the copper and when I seen it I new I wanted it over black which has always been my vehicle color choice.
Iv though about straight copper and removing tan altogether inside and out but was unsure how I would do the inside.
I spoke with an interior shop about getting all tan wrapped in a black swade or something and he told me it would be difficult to get the interior pieces to fit when wrapped.
But that's just one shop so who really knows.
I just don't want to make a move and then change my mind down the road and pay twice.
I like how Bwarning had the tan towards the front of his cab swoop down. So who knows guess I got some decisions to make.

As for the black wheels iv noticed most don't agree with black and I get that I'm torn a little as I don't want full polished.
Was thinking maybe polished face and copper lip.
Thoughts on that?

And not really into the lean but this is the truck that made me like the black.
1cc497340de7139f675c515879df0ff3.jpg

Last edited:

Lipka101

Reaction score
Eventually I want to do away with the tan on mine. I hate two tone and dark copper is such a great color on it's own. If I were to accent stuff on mine and I planned to keep the tan, I'd go with tan. Under the hood, dark copper all the way.

Black wheels on this color combo truck never really did it for me. It's more of a classic looking paint combo to me that just begs for polished wheels.
Yes. I thought I wanted black on mine. Don't get me wrong I like it but it is time for some polished or chrome wheels.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Matt

Reaction score
Matt- thank for the response. I really like the copper and when I seen it I new I wanted it over black which has always been my vehicle color choice.
Iv though about straight copper and removing tan altogether inside and out but was unsure how I would do the inside.
I spoke with an interior shop about getting all tan wrapped in a black swade or something and he told me it would be difficult to get the interior pieces to fit when wrapped.
But that's just one shop so who really knows.
I just don't want to make a move and then change my mind down the road and pay twice.
I like how Bwarning had the tan towards the front of his cab swoop down. So who knows guess I got some decisions to make.

As for the black wheels iv noticed most don't agree with black and I get that I'm torn a little as I don't want full polished.
Was thinking maybe polished face and copper lip.
Thoughts on that?

And not really into the lean but this is the truck that made me like the black.
1cc497340de7139f675c515879df0ff3.jpg

The tan on the interior never bothered me. Some black carpet to accent it and it'd be simple and look treat. Bwarnings old truck didnlook pretty good with the cabelas style stripe. I think polished with a copper lip or copper face plates could look ok. I'd still just do full polished.

NY_Mott

Reaction score
Right on. I need to repair my sunroof so when I do that I'm going to get the headliner done in black and the carpet when I get the stereo system done. I'll see how that looks and go from there.

As for the rims I guess I could always start with full polished and see how I like it and powder coat some of it down the road if it's to shiny.
Just dieing to get rid of these rock stars it came with.

Thanks for all the input, guess I'll be sticking with the copper and tan.

Matt

Reaction score
An idea I've tossed around is painting over the tan with copper and then doing a tan pin stripe to hide the line, and still tie into the King Ranch tan accents like the factory bed rails.

NY_Mott

Reaction score
Hmmmm.
That sounds cool. I'd like to see that.

It's hard to get ideas as not many people have switched up the color scheme on the copper/tan and we'll maybe that's for good reason.
I just don't want it to look like every other KR in my area.

JE_6.4

Reaction score
My original plan was to do away with the tan completely. Fit ford factory black bed rails, new f/r bumpers, black fender flares, color match the side vents and fit a color matched fx4 grille and call it good.
If I got really excited then go ahead and switch out the interior with a charcoal or black, whichever didn't look out of place with the KR leather.

I'm completely undecided.

I might look at just changing the accent color. They plasti-Dip panels now, so you can have the lower color changed and peel it right off if you don't like it. Color choice is limited though.
Going all copper probably isn't going to happen for me as the chance of the paint not matching is too great and so it would require a full repaint. I like the truck but that money can be used in much better ways elsewhere.

JE_6.4

Reaction score
I just don't want it to look like every other KR in my area.

THIS! I hadn't ever seen an 08-10 copper KR in my area. First weekend I bought it, filling up with fuel I was at the pump and the other 3 trucks in there were all copper KR's only difference is mine is cclb and the were all sb.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Keep it all copper but leave the flares tan and the bumpers snd trim plastics. It'd be the king ranch rendition of the fx4 scheme.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
Keep it all copper but leave the flares tan and the bumpers snd trim plastics. It'd be the king ranch rendition of the fx4 scheme.

That would be differently cool. Bonus points for going all out and doing a painted fx4 grille

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
True baller would be to use the chrome package grille insert bars.

But, painting them tan to match the bumpers and flares would be frosty as well

NY_Mott

Reaction score
Some good ideas in here I like it...
My only issue is i use to have a worked wrangler and well that gave me the "chrome don't get you home mentality " and it's stuck with me. Lol

Latest posts

Members online