War Wagon build

GO BIG OR GO HOME

Reaction score
Hey y'all. Picked up a 96 yesterday for a new project. This is going to be my work/hunting/zombie apocalypse truck. I think it has a lot of potential. Already has baby swamps, brand new clutch, new lift, new tires, new radiator, e fuel with related return and dual filters. Let me know what y'all think.

Sent while doing burnouts somewhere in the country

GO BIG OR GO HOME

Reaction score
yga6ybuv.jpg

ha5u3u7e.jpg

eby8emev.jpg

hy9ataze.jpg

Krause

Reaction score
Def has potential. The fact someone rattle can painted it makes me cringe, but looks in decent shape! Should be able to make a nice crew cab build out of that.

GO BIG OR GO HOME

Reaction score
Def has potential. The fact someone rattle can painted it makes me cringe, but looks in decent shape! Should be able to make a nice crew cab build out of that.

Yeah he painted every molding, all the window rubbers, and door handles :-\ but I think I can make it work. I've pretty much decided I'm gonna leave the service body on and use it. I've always got told rolling around in my bed so I can definitely use it

ghohouston

Reaction score
Tell us more about this "related return" :poke:
Just kidding, looks promising. I actually kind of like the look of the service bed with a single wheel obs.

Krause

Reaction score
Yeah he painted every molding, all the window rubbers, and door handles :-\ but I think I can make it work. I've pretty much decided I'm gonna leave the service body on and use it. I've always got told rolling around in my bed so I can definitely use it

Yes I saw that, some of it will be just a matter of finding another grill and headlights and such. Some of it you will have to remove and paint stripper it back to chrome or whatever. But if it were me I would just tackle a few pieces at a time and make it a work in progress.

Utility box dosnt look bad, if it all matched it would look much better.

GO BIG OR GO HOME

Reaction score
Tell us more about this "related return" :poke:
Just kidding, looks promising. I actually kind of like the look of the service bed with a single wheel obs.

Haha oops..... it's a super secret 5000hp capable fuel system lol

GO BIG OR GO HOME

Reaction score
Ok so I've hit my first obstacle. Took the instrument cluster lense off to clean it and the instrument panel face. I know I hit the needle for the volt meter whole cleaning. Now it won't return to correct position. It will go full left in off position and will come up to about where it would normally be while glow plugs are cycling but won't return to running position after glow plugs are heated. Any suggestions here? Also the oil pressure gauge wasn't working when I bought it, it had one under hood. And the water temp gauge is hit and miss.

GO BIG OR GO HOME

Reaction score
Ok so I've hit my first obstacle. Took the instrument cluster lense off to clean it and the instrument panel face. I know I hit the needle for the volt meter whole cleaning. Now it won't return to correct position. It will go full left in off position and will come up to about where it would normally be while glow plugs are cycling but won't return to running position after glow plugs are heated. Any suggestions here? Also the oil pressure gauge wasn't working when I bought it, it had one under hood. And the water temp gauge is hit and miss.

*Has aftermarket oil pressure gauge under hood

ghohouston

Reaction score
That's what I did. I did the same thing, took cluster apart to clean and armorall it, and my tach was off. I started it, and set the needle back on where it should sit, no problems since

GO BIG OR GO HOME

Reaction score
That's what I did. I did the same thing, took cluster apart to clean and armorall it, and my tach was off. I started it, and set the needle back on where it should sit, no problems since

I just tried pulling the needle off... doesn't seem to want to come off. Was yours hard coming off? I don't want to bow up in it and break it

GO BIG OR GO HOME

Reaction score
Lol I don't know exactly what I did but I guess trying to pull the needle off freed it up....now if I can just get the water temp and oil pressure gauges working. Thanks for the help ghohouston!

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
I had a hit and miss water temp gauge, replaced the sensor, still had it, traced the wiring still had it, ended up being a loose end that slides over the stud on the temp switch. Thought about cutting it off and using an eye with a nut on the sensor. Instead I took a awl to probe inside the end and bent it a little tighter and haven't had any issues since which was a year ago.

Hope this helps

Latest posts

Members online